AVS Forum banner

3981 - 4000 of 4062 Posts

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,982
Yeah, that's true. His nickname for Clarissa Mao occurs earlier on in the books. She goes from homicidal maniac single mindedly in pursuit of killing the guy she felt destroyed her family (Holden) to the woman that takes a bullet saving all humanity from Protomolecule extermination on the Behemoth.

Then they send her back to Earth and throw her in prison. Ingrates. She and Amos bond during the trip back when she's confined on the Roci. The show skipped over that part.

Peaches is Clarissa Mao? I never would have made that connection. You sir get the golden peach award. Congratulations and remember, with great peaches comes great peach pies.

Reactions: archiguy

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Why doesn't Marco or Filip have OPA tattoos? I've checked careful. Did I miss something?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Peaches is Clarissa Mao? I never would have made that connection. You sir get the golden peach award. Congratulations and remember, with great peaches comes great peach pies.

There's really nothing else like it. I've obsessed over it for most of my life. :p

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,325 Posts
Every time it cuts to Marco and Philip I want to groan because they’re so boring. This is a big part of why season 6 is going to be bad. Triple the amount of Marco and Philip we’re seeing now and that will be season 6.

·
Registered
14,450 Posts
Every time it cuts to Marco and Philip I want to groan because they’re so boring. This is a big part of why season 6 is going to be bad. Triple the amount of Marco and Philip we’re seeing now and that will be season 6.
to each his own but I like Marco Inaros...Filip too but Marco is much more interesting...a bit cartoonish at times but overall I like his villainy...I wish they'd focus more on the protomolecule but I understand this part of the story is all about Marco and his Free Navy...

I'm getting vibes that Drummer will be killed...since the books don't seem interested in killing off any of the main Roci crew members that leaves only Drummer as the next major casualty

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The Marco Inaros character is being done very well. I think that he seems like a person who would be followed by others. The fact that he is not a great captain of a ship or father to his kid seems to me to be typical of the narcissism of an egomaniac.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The Marco Inaros character is being done very well. I think that he seems like a person who would be followed by others. The fact that he is not a great captain of a ship or father to his kid seems to me to be typical of the narcissism of an egomaniac.
Inaros' depiction in the books is a lot worse. Embarrassing petulant child all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips worse. Same as book's Klaes Ashford- he's not the baddest space-pirate of all time that the show depicts.

Antagonists in the Expanse novels are generally not well-developed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
He has a little too much of the "pretty boy" look, IMO.
Like, is he really spending that much time on his hair everyday? 😆

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Inaros' depiction in the books is a lot worse. Embarrassing petulant child all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips worse. Same as book's Klaes Ashford- he's not the baddest space-pirate of all time that the show depicts.

Antagonists in the Expanse novels are generally not well-developed.
I think they play antagonists as essentially politicians so I think they are developed both on screen and in the novels.

I haven't really seen much or any one dimentional characters other than ones who aren't on screen long. Ashford wasn't played as a one dimensional character, nor Dawes nor Fred Johnson nor Camina Drummer. They all have several sides to them. "Good guys" also have significant faults including Avasarala and Holden. Diogo started out as a punk and then a fighter and then was a zealot. Josephus Miller was a corrupt cop who untimely killed the scientist who could best help out their side and then became a hero.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
So this was the episode that threw all the science away? I was annoyed with the yacht and Inaros' ship suddenly having gravity. I was even more annoyed by the last 5 minutes. Just no.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yeah when Naomi spaced herself she inhaled unlike in the book where she exhaled because her lungs would explode otherwise.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
So this was the episode that threw all the science away? I was annoyed with the yacht and Inaros' ship suddenly having gravity. I was even more annoyed by the last 5 minutes. Just no.

Sent using Tapatalk
Suspension of disbelief is required, for sure. But I’m so strongly interested in so much of what’s going on, I just let it pass.

3981 - 4000 of 4062 Posts