AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like we might have ourselves a LFE treat in this movie. Blu-ray.com's review here .

Might just have to do a blind buy on this on. Did any of you go and see this in the theaters?

·
Registered
17,105 Posts
I am considering a blind buy as well. The few reviews I have read sound like this will be a powerhouse audio presentation!
Very aggressive and tons of LFE........my kind of audio.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I saw the movie in the theater. All I can say is WOW!!!! Get your home theaters ready. This movie is nearly non stop with audio. Especially the last 45 minutes or so. It's just one long continual fight scene mixed with gun shots and many explosions. Another thing is that it has Lions Gate behind it. In my opinion they no how to do audio. I guarantee I will be buying this on blu ray Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke
I saw it as well. I thought is was pretty good. The last half of the film should be insane. Pleanty of gun fire, some really big machine guns and lots of explosions. A buy for sure.
Thanks for that feed back Mike and Secret. Then Mike your SubM should kick butt with this one.
I hope to make my subs pant after watching it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Watched the mkv with dts 1.5mbps core and the bass is nothing special...If you expect tons of LFE you'll be disappointed.LFE during the explosions is not very deep and full.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpan /forum/post/19513647

Watched the mkv with dts 1.5mbps core and the bass is nothing special...If you expect tons of LFE you'll be disappointed.LFE during the explosions is not very deep and full.

I would perfer to see and hear it from the Bluray. By the way what sub do you own? Is your sub capable of

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpan /forum/post/19514240

Sound design remains the same in lossless audio-i have a crystal audio thx12 sub,which is not capable of

·
Registered
514 Posts
I watched this movie at the theater and their was a scene that caught my attention. It was the one where one of them picks up an automatic shotgun, man that thing had some serious punch

·
Registered
7,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek /forum/post/19513340

Thanks for that feed back Mike and Secret. Then Mike your SubM should kick butt with this one.
I hope to make my subs pant after watching it.

Yea, plus like a crazy person I am upgrading my amp to the 2400 watt amp. Also I am gettin an OPPO and Integra 80.2 installed tommorow. Should make for a fun day

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang323 /forum/post/19514631

I watched this movie at the theater and their was a scene that caught my attention. It was the one where one of them picks up an automatic shotgun, man that thing had some serious punch

There a many great action scenes. There are others that are also great. I really liked the one when Jason Statham pulls up on a Ducati Desmodici RR, and then puts Charisma Carpenter on the back. That is a beautiful motorcycle. A Moto GP Replica for the street.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke /forum/post/19515709

Yea, plus like a crazy person I am upgrading my amp to the 2400 watt amp. Also I am gettin an OPPO and Integra 80.2 installed tommorow. Should make for a fun day

You dog you. I listen to the Intregra at the CEDIA show and I want one too.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpan /forum/post/19513647

What is the mkv?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp /forum/post/19517433

What is the mkv?

.mkv is the file extension for videos wrapped in the Matroska video part of a Matroska Multimedia Container. Such videos are encoded in one of many formats, then wrapped in a container such as mkv to keep all of the sound, video, and subtitle tracks together in one spot.

What he's saying is he watched a pirated version of the Bluray that was compressed into the mkv container. The relevant part here is that the version he watched had the full 1.5mbps DTS core from the Bluray's DTS-HD soundtrack, which usually is plenty good enough to still be quite stunning on movies with great LFE tracks. Perhaps the version he listened to was improperly ripped, but that's the exception rather than the norm.

We'll have to wait and see!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Definitely don't bring a wannabe sub to THIS party!!!

Relentless LFE, and I mean RELENTLESS. This is just twelve screen shots pasted together. There's plenty more where this came from.

See the purple inside the light pink/white? Yeah, hold onto your socks.

Expendables... enjoy.

Bosso

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Bosso,

I see not alot of

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I was expecting results like that. It was impressive when I saw it in the theater. I purchased the blu ray late this afternoon. I may watch it tomorrow night.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts