AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I saw this young woman (26) perform was in Girl Interrupted (actually, it was Don’t Say A Word where I really took notice of her). I wasn’t particularly struck by her performance or that something special stood out. Subsequently, I’ve been surfin’ over the last month and came upon her in Just Married and Sidewalks of New York, and found her absolutely adorable. I’m can’t say much for the movies, (I found myself watching them just to watch her) only that she has won me over as one of the most adorable young actresses Hollywood has going (I would include Kate Hudson and Natalie Portman in this category as well). Without question, what draws me to this girl are her eyes (it doesn’t hurt that she is cute as a kitten). In both of those movies her eyes showed the depth of her despair to the exhilaration of being alive. I know it’s been mentioned on this forum about there being nothing behind the eyes of several actors, and I’m not sure if that is true or not because I can’t say I’ve agreed with the performers being criticized. However, this young woman has made me stop and wonder why some of us see something behind certain actors eyes and others see nothing behind those same eyes. Whose eyes send the message or conveys the feeling, *make no mistake, this is real?* What actors eyes melt your heart and/or stir emotional feelings in you as you watch them?

http://www.brittanymurphy.8m.com/vanityfair1a.jpg

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Shes got that attractive white trash look going on too... she looks average yet amazing.... both young and experienced ... yes her eyes do alot for her.

I saw her latest DVD, Uptown Girls, stars her and this young girl, shes the nanny... its not a bad flick, not great, but Brittany is in every scene :)

Theres also some very attractive guitars in this movie ...

http://www.blockbuster.com/bb/movie/...80230,00.html?

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Natalie Wood is another who has eyes to die for. How can you forget those big brown eyes in A Miracle On 34th St.? Where she really ruined me for life in expectations for women was in Splendor in the Grass with Warren Beatty. Since then, I think every movie I?ve seen her in, her eyes have just captivated me. Once again, here is another woman whose beauty just blows me away. Sometimes I?m not sure if it?s the looks of the person I?m watching that grabs me, or whether the eyes really do have me spellbound.

·
Registered
542 Posts
A few off the top of head

Tanya Roberts

Bo Derek

Catherine Zeta Jones

Kim Basinger

Heather Locklear

Jennifer Anniston

Yummy:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow, it just goes to show how different people perceive in different ways, but I look at Brittany Murphy's eyes and can honestly only think two words: "Crack Whore".

I know that sounds really abrasive, but that's really what she looks like to me. The waifish, vacant look that could not attract me less. Just my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I agree that Angelina Jolie has gorgeous eyes, is talented, beautiful, and muy hot. But every time I see her, I can't help but think that she needs some Chap-stik or Carmex or something.

Her lips are always so dry and swollen. They look like she's held a hot frying pan up to them.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally posted by XRay
Wow, it just goes to show how different people perceive in different ways, but I look at Brittany Murphy's eyes and can honestly only think two words: "Crack Whore".
This is what fascinates me. How and why we perceive different things in different people, and the judgments we place on them with that perception. We're all guilty of this, and the psychology behind it is very interesting to me.

I don't think there will be many who will dispute the eyes of Charles Manson.

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...on/manson1.jpg

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Beautiful. Talented. Eyes that grab your heart with a world of emotion. Young and innocent looking, yet somehow older and wiser than her age. Can appear waif-life or impish but underneath she's a true lady, with authentic femininity and class...and a real sweetheart.

As other posters were using descriptions similar to the ones above, I couldn't help but think of a girl from the movies of my youth:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/128...burn,%20Audrey

·
Registered
24,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ALIENS
The first time I saw this young woman (26) perform was in Girl Interrupted (actually, it was Don’t Say A Word where I really took notice of her). I wasn’t particularly struck by her performance or that something special stood out. Subsequently, I’ve been surfin’ over the last month and came upon her in Just Married and Sidewalks of New York, and found her absolutely adorable. I’m can’t say much for the movies, (I found myself watching them just to watch her) only that she has won me over as one of the most adorable young actresses Hollywood has going (I would include Kate Hudson and Natalie Portman in this category as well). Without question, what draws me to this girl are her eyes (it doesn’t hurt that she is cute as a kitten). In both of those movies her eyes showed the depth of her despair to the exhilaration of being alive. I know it’s been mentioned on this forum about there being nothing behind the eyes of several actors, and I’m not sure if that is true or not because I can’t say I’ve agreed with the performers being criticized. However, this young woman has made me stop and wonder why some of us see something behind certain actors eyes and others see nothing behind those same eyes. Whose eyes send the message or conveys the feeling, *make no mistake, this is real?* What actors eyes melt your heart and/or stir emotional feelings in you as you watch them?

http://www.brittanymurphy.8m.com/vanityfair1a.jpg
I don't know about how sexy she is. One problem is she is so thin she has no ass which really is a problem for me but here is the clincher, anyone who would have sex with Emenem (sp?) even if it was only in a film, is immediately off my short list. I'd definitely take that protection advice.

Art

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I fell in love with Jennifer Beals, those big brown eyes in Flashdance, the combination of innocence and sensuality.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This post has me ROTFLMAO...you guys are funny......but I have to agree with most of you. Brittany Murphy does have that slutty white trash look with a dash of class and no ass mixed in there.

As for Angelina Jolie....it wouldn't hurt to slide a little carmex or Intensive Care Chap Stick across those ashy soup-coolers.

I ain't gay or nothin, but Elijah Wood........come on yall!....yall know Elijah Wood has got some peepers! I can see how it was hard for Samwise to leave his side or escape, those peepers were gazin like the Eye of Sauron, and Sam knew they would find him if he tried to roll out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The award for the weirdest eyes would have to go to Marty Feldman.:D

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Brittany just works at it too hard. Too much intensity. I do like her, though, and she does Luanne to a tee on King of the Hill.

Toni Colette does a lot with her eyes. She's amazing in Japanese Story.

From out of the past, I would put forth the big three of silent comedy (Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd), Maria Falconetti, Luise Rainer, Katharine Hepburn, Wendy Hiller, Bette Davis, Vivien Leigh (just watch her in Streetcar), every last principal player (in fact, most of the cast) in Casablanca.

Most movie acting is done with the eyes, reacting. Friend Don, last night in LA before I made my way to see Playtime, remarked that if you are any good, you don't have to do so much as you would do in theater. The camera will find you.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Maggie Gyllenhaal

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
Sorry, but if I am going for the hot white trash look, I would have to stick with Patricia Arquette. Absolutely hot out of the trailer park.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Elizabeth Taylor has purple eyes. I didn't think it was genetically

possible. Her eyes were the sole source of her beauty.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Her eyes were the sole source of her beauty

Oh, but she was one of the most beautiful children to ever walk the planet. Something happened as she aged, and she somehow became a bit more ordinary, and her off-screen antics have dimmed her luster considerably. But I believe those who have been in her presence say you really have to be there to appreciate her fully.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.