AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following links trying to find a simple design to make a JP1 cable. More and more lately, clicking link after link through the twists and turns that end up wrapping my time around a tree like a strange cross between a car crash and a TPed front lawn.

I still have leads, but the pain.

Yahoo has a nice site I derived from Robman's link but I get a 404 error.

I've seen some convoluted instructions, some overly complicated and geeky JP1 plans, and bunches of ads to sell them

If someone has a direct link in the back of their mind to some good simple plans to make a JP1 cable I'd apprieciate it.

cow

I got a sodiering iron located and am going to a different city the day after tomorrow where I have some parellel cables stashed.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I took the coward's way out:

I ordered one pre-made. Found a link to a vendor or two, somewhere off the tree from Robman's site.

Learned helplessness isn't a problem as long as one learns from their helplessness.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Two words: BUY IT.

I ordered mine for something like $12 including shipping (well, at least I know it was less than $20.... that's a freakin' rounding error in NYC).

Cow... you've already wasted enough of your valuable pasture time on this. Order a cable ... then take some time to stop and eat the roses.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I built my first JP1 from a PDF in the files section of the yahoo group. Very easy. Check there. I seem to remember that it was Tommy Tyler's simple plans, or somename like that.

Then I wound up doing some barter webdesign for a nice guy that sells them. The Pro cable is much nicer than my homemade one. I wont plug him since I have a conflict, but I will say he is listed as a seller on the yahoo group too and the header of his website looks a lot like my virtual4k.com (yea I reused a good template, so sue me :) )

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally posted by plyons10
Two words: BUY IT.

I ordered mine for something like $12 including shipping (well, at least I know it was less than $20.... that's a freakin' rounding error in NYC).

Cow... you've already wasted enough of your valuable pasture time on this. Order a cable ... then take some time to stop and eat the roses.
truely comedy

but I got a new soldering iron and I'd like to use it a whole TWICE before I lose it.

cow

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by asinshesq
Tommy Tyler's simple design is here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/fi...e%20Interface/

I successsfully put one together (and I'm not very good with a soldering iron), but later on when they became commercially available I ended up buying an extra for about $20 which is longer and feels more secure. If want to buy one, here's a link to one for $15:

http://www.bluedo.com/bluedocgi/prod...odel=JP1-Cable
Thanks. Perfect.

I was on that page too. looked at a few of teh others as things were spinning.

cow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.