AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Final Countdown (2-Disc Limited Special Edition) (1980)

List Price:$29.95

2 disc $20.96 Amazon.com, DDD.com is $17.95 Empiredvd.com $24.96

Availability: This item will be released on March 30, 2004

Release Information:

Studio: Blue Underground

Theatrical Release Date: August 1, 1980

DVD Release Date: March 30, 2004

Run Time: 102 minutes

Production Company: Ryko/WEA

Package Type: Keep Case

Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1

Region 1

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), English (6.1 DTS ES), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)

Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French

THX Certified

• Color, Dolby

• High-Definition transfer from original camera negative

• Audio Commentary with Director of Photography Victor J. Kemper

• Theatrical Trailers

• TV Spots

• Bonus Disc

• Interview with Associate Producer Lloyd Kaufman

• Interviews with The Jolly Rogers F-14 Fighter Squadron

• Poster & Still Galleries

• Kirk Douglas Bio

• Zero Pilot Journal (DVD-ROM)

• Only 100,000 made

• Widescreen anamorphic format

If you don't need the second disc here is the info for the single disc: The Final Countdown (Widescreen Edition) (1980)

List Price: $19.95 Price: $13.97 Amazon.com

Will release on March 30, 2004 also!

Studio: Blue Underground

Theatrical Release Date: August 1, 1980

DVD Release Date: March 30, 2004

Run Time: 92 minutes

Production Company: Ryko/WEA

Package Type: Keep Case

Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1

DVD Encoding: Region 1

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), English (6.1 DTS ES), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)

Available subtitles: English, Spanish, French

THX Certified

• Color, Widescreen

• High-Definition transfer from original camera negative

• Audio Commentary with Director of Photography Victor J. Kemper

• Theatrical Trailers

• TV Spots

• Widescreen anamorphic format

Your choice Ladies and Gentlemen buy the 2 discs or the single, I didn't think anyone would be interested in the foolscreen edition, so I left it out entirely. Will it be Door #1~2 disc or Door #2~the single. It's about time (no pun intended) we had the pleasure of a movie so fitting to this groups A1 AVS effort, besides the Blue underground to make it happen. To get this made for our generation and generations to come. Hip, Hip, Hoorah!

Shall we break out the chilled Champagne now?¿?

·
Registered
513 Posts
OT, what about a Forbidden Planet 2? The Krell could clearly have colonised some other planets, leaving their technology behind.

I would love to see a remake of "When Worlds Collide" I read the book "After Worlds Collide" when I was a kid and loved it. Combining into a single movie could be fun.

Also, didn't I hear at one point that Spielberg was interested in doing an Edgar Rice Burroughs Martian movie (John Carter as hero).

·
Registered
429 Posts
Okay, John, I gave up and pre-ordered the 2-disc edition from DDD.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have no where near your size collection, John, only about 200 and it is hard to believe the one I have watched the most often is 'When Worlds Collide'. I also remember reading the sequel when I was in Junior High. I would love to see a sequel based on the second book, particularly if they did it in the same 1950's style as the original movie. The first movie has a special little innocent charm that is missing from the more recent end of the world blockbusters like Deep Impact or Armageddon.

Duane

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have big collection as I just ordered 4 more today, but you have a life. You can walk and go places that are not allowed for my kind, like the ordinary Theme Park. Disabled are not welcome no matter how much we have in our hands. Enjoy having a life, don't lose it like I have over a road accident at age 38 18.5 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.