AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One suggestion, you might try posting your projectors on the AVScience auctions or classified sections if you would like to pass along your good fortune more directly to others who frequent these forums.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I purchased on 7/19 and have not been notified of shipment.

Good thing my room isn't yet finished.

Kelly

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
"I will be selling these initial 4, and probably 3 of the next 4..."

This will be interesting. Now these budding LT150 speculators will get to see how the other half lives. Retailers such as AVS will be the first to tell you that it isn't as easy as one might think. I predict plenty of new found respect for how hard retailers work to make a living. The concept of "margins" should take on a whole new meaning for these former consumers.

Just for fun, perhaps Alan should consider charging steeply for ads offering LT150s from these speculators as they've now become businessmen rather than simple hobbyists. And, of course, it competes with sales of his own digital units.

Has the thought occurred to anyone else that individuals purchasing multiple units made it harder or impossible for others to get in on the Dell deal, such as it was?

All of which raises the broader question of whether or not Dell should have even permitted itself to be taken advantage of as a result of its apparently honest mistake. If I were on the other side of the coin as a Dell shareholder, I might seriously frown upon what has gone on here. Shipping 8 mis-priced LT150s to one buyer goes way, way beyond considerations of good faith to its customers.

[This message has been edited by PF (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
188 Posts
After further consideration and deference to some of the posts below, I moved my original post to the classified section.

Thanks,

Dieter

P.S. I also strongly agree with the posts about AVS getting the peripheral business from the LT150 fallout. They will have mine.

[This message has been edited by xp800 (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
496 Posts

Agreed. I think the idea of buying with the intent of profiting from this honest mistake is troubling, to say the least. What's more, this person probably would have thrown a fit if Dell hadn't actually shipped the projectors! Ah, well. I suppose he stole them fair and square (as a former US Senator from California once said).

- Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.