AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original. On this Saturday, 6 Aug., 8:00 AM, 6:00 PM (all times eastern).

I don't know if the OAR was 4:3 or something else.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The Vincent Price version or the Jeff Goldblum version? My EPG says Goldblum version but they've confused original and remake descriptions on InHD(2) a few times before (Bye, Bye Birdie for one example) The guide listed the Ann Margret version but it was actually the Jason Alexander version.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After more research ...

The I-Guide says it's the one with Al (David) Hedison, which would make it the Vincent Price version. BUT, the INHD2 web site mentions "Seth Brundle", which would make it the Jeff Goldblum version.

OK, usual INHD schedule screw-up. I'll check the web site before posting next time. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
inhd really has some pretty good movies coming up..... not quite on the level of hdnet movies but considering its not a 24x7 movie channel they have some very good stuff.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
hd_addicted,

No apology neccessary. I was just asking. I love the Vincent price version. Never was a huge fan of the Goldblum remake (just personal taste). :)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Yeehaw! It was the Vincent Price version. :D The EPG was wrong. I recorded it on my HD DVR cable box and haven't watched it yet, only glanced at it. If I'm not mistaken The Fly's OAR is 2.35:1 but they only showed the opening credits in the OAR and cropped the movie. :(

·
Registered
830 Posts
Got to watch some of it this morning. Old movie, new cast and crew listed under guide info. Never seen that one before. Vincent is the man! PQ was reasonable for a film of it's age.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251
I WAS the Vincent Price version. I stand corrected.
You were? :D j/k ;)

I watched what I recorded. PQ wasn't quite on par with some other transfers I've seen but was better than I've ever seen on anolog or digital cable. It was a real treat. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was the original! David Hedison (captain, Seaview) version.

Not OAR, except for the beginning and ending credits. But I'm not an OAR Nazi.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_addicted
But I'm not an OAR Nazi.

Is it really necessary to refer to those who want OAR as Nazis? What the hell is wrong with you?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
It's the ones who hate OAR that sometimes act like Nazis. :(

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
INHD doesn't usually crop movies, do they? i definitely noticed after the credits that the aspect ratio changed....

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
but they don't crop OFTEN, do they?

i usually have a pretty good eye for the cropjobs that show up on HBO and CINEMAX...until THE FLY i can't remember seeing INHD crop one of their transfers. Then again i don't remember them playing much 2.35:1, either....hmm....

·
Registered
816 Posts
Oooh, there's black bars on my TeeVee... Help meeeee! Help meeeeeee!

·
Registered
18,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus
but they don't crop OFTEN, do they?

i usually have a pretty good eye for the cropjobs that show up on HBO and CINEMAX...until THE FLY i can't remember seeing INHD crop one of their transfers. Then again i don't remember them playing much 2.35:1, either....hmm....
INHD always crops.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl L
If I'm not mistaken The Fly's OAR is 2.35:1 but they only showed the opening credits in the OAR and cropped the movie. :(
Yea, according to IMDB the AR is 2.35:1 CinemaScope, so it was cropped. I had forgotten the original "Fly" was in color.

I rarely watch the INHD channels and the policy of ruining movies by cropping gives me less reason to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.