Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Starring – jedi1982 “owner - Jedi Knight”
Designer – Shawn Byrne “Grand Master Jedi” @SierraMikeBravo
Guest Staring – Jeff Parkinson “Master Builder Consultant” @BIGmouthinDC

Dimensions: 24’x15’x9'

Screen:
-Severtson Screens Cinema White MicroPerf 2.35:1 LF235127 (117” image width)

Projector:
-Epson 5040UB (upgrade later)

Speakers:
-Aperion Audio Verus Grand I Tower (LCR)
-Triad INWALL BRONZE/4 SURROUND x 4 (Side surround and surround back)
-Triad INCEILING BRONZE SEALEDROUND x 4 (Front and rear Atmos/DTS:X)
-Rythmik Audio FV15HP x 2 Subwoofers

Equipment:
-Denon AVR-X4300H
-Outlaw Model 2200 M-Block Amplifier x 3 (LCR)
-Outlaw Model 5000 5 Channel Amplifier x 2 (Side surround and surround back)
-miniDSP 10x10HD

Acoustic Treatments:
-Quest Acoustical Interiors (Q-Fractor, Q-Excel, Q-Perf, Q-Flector)
-Acoustimac Ceiling 703/FRK

Video components:
-PS4 Pro
-Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray Player

Specialized Lighting:
-Nexlux LED strip tape/wifi emitter/power supply

Here's what the theater is designed after

And the final, fully armed and operational theater!

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Was this build approved by the Jedi Council? You do know the penalties for illegal structures under the Jedi Penal Code 66 right?

Excited for the build, hope to see good progress! :)

On a side note, I as well have an X4300 and I'm about to order an Outlaw Model 5000. How do you like your pair? What brand of RCA cables are you using with them?

EDIT: Will the inside be a Star Wars theme? Like the interior of the Deathtstar or a Rebel Ship? (Never at the cost of acoustics obviously) XD

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was this build approved by the Jedi Council? You do know the penalties for illegal structures under the Jedi Penal Code 66 right?

Excited for the build, hope to see good progress! :)

On a side note, I as well have an X4300 and I'm about to order an Outlaw Model 5000. How do you like your pair? What brand of RCA cables are you using with them?

EDIT: Will the inside be a Star Wars theme? Like the interior of the Deathtstar or a Rebel Ship? (Never at the cost of acoustics obviously) XD
Good questions padawan :) Long story short, I've actually had the X4300 almost a year and the Outlaw amps for over a year all still brand new in the box so haven't used them yet. We have been living in our rental until we decided to buy an existing house or build. Knowing whatever the case I was going to have a theater, I started purchasing product.

The inside WILL in fact be Star Wars themed and debated on posting the detailed design for the walls. I know I will at some point. The other good news is, the acoustical treatments have been integrated into the detailed designs. Shawn Byrne did an excellent job coming up with the plans. Now just have to make sure it all gets built properly lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Initial framing has commenced! Will be going back to build site today to check progress of house. I believe the contractors will be laying floor joists today

Congrats! How exciting

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Good luck with the build. I'm looking forward to see the result.

Reactions: jedi1982

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Very cool space, as a fellow SW geek I'm excited to see how this turns out!

We're running a 5040 as well, I think you'll dig it. I don't even know that you'll need to upgrade it! It looks like you're running about an 18' throw to a ~10' screen, both of which are similar to mine. It should pair well with that Denon and the Triads, they're all a solidly even quality and price point. Upgrading the PJ leads to more channels in the receiver, which means separates, more amps, DPSs, etc. That way leads to madness! ;)

I can't tell from the pics, is this in the basement, which looks like a walkout?

What part of the country are you building in?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool space, as a fellow SW geek I'm excited to see how this turns out!

We're running a 5040 as well, I think you'll dig it. I don't even know that you'll need to upgrade it! It looks like you're running about an 18' throw to a ~10' screen, both of which are similar to mine. It should pair well with that Denon and the Triads, they're all a solidly even quality and price point. Upgrading the PJ leads to more channels in the receiver, which means separates, more amps, DPSs, etc. That way leads to madness! ;)

I can't tell from the pics, is this in the basement, which looks like a walkout?

What part of the country are you building in?
You're correct on your assumptions for the throw and screen size and am really looking forward to it!

We are building a walkout basement home and live in southwest MO

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
That may be the best theater intro post yet! :cool: Looks like a great space for a theater.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
You're correct on your assumptions for the throw and screen size and am really looking forward to it!

We are building a walkout basement home and live in southwest MO
Yeah, we really like ours. Whenever we watch something, I'm left thinking: This is an amazing image, IDK why people would think they need to spend more!
I think you'll be really happy with it!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had hoped for more progress by end of day yesterday on entire house build but...rain delay.

Am currently trying to finalize the clips/green glue/floor mat count and will likely purchase by end of next week. I expect a lot of the "man behind the curtain" work to occur week after next but will post updated pics as things get updated!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's been a little quiet recently as the construction workers are now working on the roof as the framing for the basement and main floor are complete. As such, it will be a few weeks before The Force Theater will likely see any action. I did want to post a couple of pics on the dreaded "Support Beam of Doom" which hangs 4" lower than the ceiling and had to be incorporated into the room due to the max span needing additional support for the load above. This could could cause issues with the projector "Beam of Light" but thankfully, won't in this case.

Reason being, the Beam of Doom will be enclosed in the front soffit so will be essentially hidden and won't interfere with the screen placement or viewing. Ideally, you'd want to get to the point of hanging drywall and then installing the soffits inside the room and then could use the soffits as a chase for wiring/HVAC. However, due to inspectors and local building codes, you have to show where all the wiring for everything is going before the drywall goes up. Because of this, the soffits will be built as part of the framing. One of the downsides to this is you have to treat the soffit as an extension of the frame, meaning, extra isolation clips and channels on the bottom and sides of the soffits. I tried to depict where the soffits are going to go and is a little hard to make the dimensions out #notagraphicartist

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Clips, green glue, serenity mat and other accessories ordered today from the SoundProofingCompany. Ted White and John Hile have been great to work with. I imagine there will be a few more phone calls with them when the installation begins to make sure everything is as should be :)

Will likely be another 1.5 weeks before any Force Theater action though as the contractors are still working on the roof... *sigh* weather delays...

1 - 20 of 451 Posts