AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rules state you can discuss MSRP which is what the article states not street prices so I don't see the issue. I guess possible price drops are not of interest to anyone. I posted in both the Plasma and LCD threads since the common Flat Panel specifically states no price discussions.

If I offended anyone I am sorry.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman /forum/post/14291124

The rules state you can discuss MSRP which is what the article states not street prices so I don't see the issue. I guess possible price drops are not of interest to anyone. I posted in both the Plasma and LCD threads since the common Flat Panel specifically states no price discussions.

thanks for the info. I was beginning to wonder if the price of the PZ800 would drop a little further, so I guess I'll wait a month or two again

Thanks

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
And they are going to get even cheaper by Christmas - bet on it. At this rate a Panasonic 42" HD plasma will soon be cheaper than a Panasonic BD player!!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman /forum/post/14291124

It's good info and breaks no rules. Don't worry about the backseat moderators and people that just bought a flatpanel not wanting to hear about upcoming pricedrops.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
As the prices of flat panel displays have been dropping for years, does it really surprise anyone that they will drop further in the future?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Great info but you post title is a bit misleading and probably not very effective. I expected a discussion of future HD standards/resolution/broadcast/technology (which could have been a bit OT, but such discussions do take place here sometimes). If you change it to "HDTV pricedrops coming soon" it would be much more effective. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
MSRP Prices are crazy and can change on a daily basis and it is all about competition. All big box stores shop each others prices and then lower the prices in there store. Then the other competitor makes there prices lower and it goes on and on.

Corporate tags are also printed out everyday it is there job at the store to keep changing the tags on a consistent basis. Most customers that shop only look at the price tag and if it is too hight they will walk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts