AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I never made it through the first show, even it there were some vague traces of my childhood floating around. I like Jeff Garlin a great deal but without Larry David and Susie Essman to bounce off of, he just isn't the same.

·
Registered
953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981  /t/1493299/the-goldbergs#post_24180893

I never made it through the first show, even it there were some vague traces of my childhood floating around. I like Jeff Garlin a great deal but without Larry David and Susie Essman to bounce off of, he just isn't the same.

I think he is the master of quiet disinterest and the slow burn.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
My wife and I love this show. I find myself thinking back to that time when I watch the show. I usually laugh at the time line goofs the show has from time to time. I believe it was last week's show where they referenced a movie coming out than was released in '81, but also referring to a song that came out around '86 or so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
We absolutely love the show and if you listen closely, the open always goes something like "It was October 24th, ninteen eighty-something" - they don't pretend that the timeline is perfect for every episode. Sorta like the "80's diner" in BTTF if you will. Everything condensed into the timeline of the show.

Once you accept that, you're all good.

PittCaleb

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Anyone on here still watching this show? Liked the season premier. But it was tough seeing the kid that plays Adam entering into puberty with his voice changing. Since the end of last season, he's gone from a cute kid to that awkward pre-teen going through many changes. At least the show addressed it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Anyone on here still watching this show? Liked the season premier. But it was tough seeing the kid that plays Adam entering into puberty with his voice changing. Since the end of last season, he's gone from a cute kid to that awkward pre-teen going through many changes. At least the show addressed it.
Same here, we spent the whole episode laughing at him. He must really be going through some emotional peaks and valley's having that play out on national TV. That voice is something huh.

Reactions: phildaant

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
I like it. It is mindless fun and I like the 80's nostalgia. Laughed out loud when Barry agreed with his mom that Laney could get a better boyfriend. Yikes, that little kid shot up quick. Knew it would happen, but not so fast. They should have shot a lot more when he was little and cute.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
This show is in, and Modern Family's been played out for at least a couple of seasons. The Goldberg's is a lot like The Middle; not must-sees for me, but I enjoy them when I can catch them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Goldberg's is one of our Family's favorite shows and the premier did not disappoint for sure. At first it was weird to hear Adam's voice but by the end of the episode, I got used to it and i didn't bother me that much. I am sure as the season goes on, it will be even less of an issue.

Several LOL moment. Two come to mind: During Mr. Galsscott (Tim Meadows) interaction with Beverly (referring to his parrot) : "....Feather Locklear, she is a real head-turner.." and Beverly saving the football trophy during the "Risky Business Party"

·
Registered
433 Posts
This is a show that for some reason gets no traction on message boards for discussion, but does well enough in ratings that we don't have to worry about its future. Thank goodness for that! All of my teenage years were in the 80's and this show really resonates with me. I can relate to all the kids because of that. Really good show and vastly underrated.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts