AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the broadcasters changing frequencies next week, rather than buying new jointennas and storing the old ones, we should just swap the ones we have with another member in need.

I'll start. I have a channel 24 that I won't need and luckily won't need a replacement, so whoever needs it -- wanting it isn't enough -- and is willing to pay for shipping can have it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I am looking for one on RF Channel 9

I don't own one now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amazon.com has jointennas for 5.99 + shipping ($4.50 in my case)--a lot less than the $30 I paid to Warren electronics for my channel 18 model. Also, they seem to be in stock and shipping with little delay.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I ordered a single channel 13 from the ChannelMaster store, and they sent me a box of 6! So I have 5 extra. Anyone need channel 13?

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Anyone have one for channel 46? I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to be able to use it yet, just testing the water here.

- Trip

·
Registered
553 Posts
Bummer, Trip.

I have been told that Jointenna discontinued channels 30-49. Good luck!

Then again, these are tunable, and with your background and equipment availability, perhaps you could purchase a channel 49 from Warren electronics and tune it yourself. Just a thought, as channels 30-49 must use the same unit and then are tuned to the desired frequency.

Bill

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
The UHF Jointenna tuning is primitive: one slug for the bandpass and one slug for the band reject. They are easy to tune with the proper equipment (which I have), but difficult to impossible without it.

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Yuck. That's problematic.

I might be coming into an 80 foot tower, in which case I would be considering a dedicated channel 46 yagi to combine in and hope that it gets me PBS from Charlottesville. Whether or not I'm getting the tower is still up in the air (ha ha) but even if I do, I'd want to test it before going out and buying all the equipment for it.

- Trip

·
Registered
553 Posts
My Jointennas have worked exactly as described. I have no complaints. Luckily, The stations that I have inserted with the Jointennas do not have another desireable station within 3 channels either way. I use a channel 31 Jointenna with no ill effects on channel 27 or on 36, but there is a TBN channel that is identical to channel 36 on channel 30. That channel was obliterated by the Jointenna.

Bill

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntAltMike /forum/post/16693349

The UHF Jointenna tuning is primitive: one slug for the bandpass and one slug for the band reject. They are easy to tune with the proper equipment (which I have), but difficult to impossible without it.

If I could scrounge up a 30-49, could you retune it for me? I'm only 10 minutes away.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
I could use a channel 36, I've got a channel 24 that I'm willing to let go.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just received a Jointenna from the Amazon source. It appears to be from some old stock, which is agreeable to me as I have more faith in the vintage gear.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts