AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know what everyone thought about this. Seth Rogen is writing this film with this longtime partner\\friend Evan Goldberg (Superbad was their film about themselves that they had been writing since they were teens) and starring as the lead and Nic Cage as Mr X. I know he's a polarizing character of Hollywood these days, but I really enjoy his films, his humor, and his down-to-earth persona. He has yet to be in a film that I didn't enjoy. Also a plus for this film is it being directed by Michael Gondry (who directed one of my all-time favorite films, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

Anyway.. they've casted Kato:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57816

And they've revealed the car:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...rnets-car.html

It looks very promising! Seth is a huge comic nerd and I'd very interested to see how he handles comic and comedy material simultaneously. Some of his answers to Q&A's so far also seem promising:

Quote:
Q: The Green Hornet was originally a radio program and then was turned into film serials, followed by a TV show and comic books. Are you basing your feature film on any of the previous incarnations?

Rogen: We were inspired by the original so we took what we thought was good and left what we didn't. We didn't feel any real obligation living up to the original because the radio plays totally different than the TV show, which is totally different than the comic book. There really is no set way [to do it].

Q: Give us a peek into the script. You're known for your humor, so will Green Hornet be a comedy or more of an action type film?

Rogen: We want it to have funny parts. We want the relationships to be funny but we want the action to be like a real action movie.

Q: So both elements then. Kind of like Pineapple Express?

Rogen: Uh, yeah, but a lot bigger.and less weed!

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I can't stand him. I'll pass, even when the Blu-ray comes out...

But the car does look kinda cool

·
Registered
725 Posts

+1 here. this just sounds bad to me. not a fan of rogen or his type of humor.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/16966845

+1 here. this just sounds bad to me. not a fan of rogen or his type of humor.

Agreed.

They didn't even bother to update the car!

At least in Batman Begins they had enough sense to do that.

·
Registered
28,731 Posts
It's a 3-D conversion, like Clash of the Titans.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Well, they showed the entire film, so we don't have to go.

Did not laugh ONCE.

This................. Will................. Suck !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/18811297

It's a 3-D conversion, like Clash of the Titans.

Except that they pushed the release date back in order to have more time to do the conversion "properly" (unlike CLASH, which was done in a last-minute hurry).

1 - 20 of 73 Posts