AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I don't know if media rooms deserve names like dedicated HTs. But I came up with "The Groundlings Monoplex" name before the whole HT-versus-media-room debate started. I like the name, and I'm sticking with it. :) "Groundlings" is an homage both to the cheapest 'seats' at Shakespear's Globe Theater (which reflects my budget) and to my two young sons who'll be thumping around in the basement once it's finished.

I've been framing out the basement for a while now and finally completed all of the walls. Now that the soffiting has begun the room is starting to take shape, and I'm all the more anxious to complete the work.

I'm planning on doing all of the framing, electrical, and painting myself. I'll bring in pros to hang, mud and tape the drywall and also to lay the flooring. My goal, possibly unrealistic, is to have the basement complete by January or early February. We'll see how well that goes.

Many thanks in advance to all of the folks who've shared their talents and ideas on these forums. As simple as my plan is, it wouldn't even be this advanced if it weren't for this forum.

I've uploaded some progress pics as well as pics of my design to my gallery. Please feel free to pass along any thoughts, positive or negative, that you may have.

- Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.