AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man that trailer looks really good. This could be a good series.

On October 12th, you're expected. The Haunting of Hill House is a modern reimagining of the iconic novel, about 5 siblings who grew up in the most famous haunted house in America.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
Wish they'd show the original '60s B&W movie. That thing scared the bejabbers out of me when I was a kid!
As well it should have! Classic psychological horror. I've seen it often since, and found something new in the subtle details each time.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It’s very dark as to be expected in a horror genre. Don’t expect HDR or DV to be very useful here. Many scenes take place in pitch black rooms. Even well lit rooms are dim. To see how dark HDR should be done watch Altered Carbon on Netflix.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
This is one of the best produced and directed shows that Netflix has ever made. The story is amazing and so is the acting. At first, I wasn't sure if i was going to like all the switching between the past and present timelines but the scenes are so well done and acted by the young kids and adults that I am glad the director made it this way.

I have watched 8 episodes so far and if you are a horror and thriller fan, this is definite watch. Episodes 5 and 6 are so far the best(I'd give them 10 out of 10), followed very closely by episodes 3 and 8.

The audio is presented in Dolby Atmos and is simply stunning to listen to. All of your surround speakers will be working while watching this.

There are some jump scares and some scenes that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. It's that good. I am not sure why more people aren't talking about it now but once word of mouth happens, it will be a huge hit.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Few episodes in, excellent series, very well done. Really enjoying it so far.

Stupid mistake, I watched a few episodes right before bed. Man those were some messed up dreams. Big mistake.

·
Registered
828 Posts
We binged the entire 'season' over the weekend. We liked it a lot. Much more than what I expected. Not your typical horror/gore/slasher at all. Very nuanced, dramatic and well produced. The wife actually cried at the end. Very surprising in a good way. 4.5 out of 5.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
We started watching this last night and couldn't stop. Very well done, I love how each episode delves each character. We got to the episode 5 and the reveal was so sad.
Heard the final episode has mixed reviews.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
this is actually a pretty good show...I've only watched the first episode but I'm hooked...excellent casting with the actors playing the older/younger versions of themselves being pretty spot on...the Dolby Vision is also excellent...not a flashy HDR but more of a natural look which makes certain scenes really pop...

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is one of the best filmed series on Netflix. Love how they are doing this back and forth, one character, etc. Really well done.

Even though I love the show my one little complain so far is that there is a part where a kid sees something VERY scary and if actually physically touched with clothes ripped. The kid talks to the parents and the next scene they are playing in their room like nothing happened. I would think a young kid would be so traumatized if they saw what we saw on the screen and was actually assaulted to the point of clothes being torn. Just don't buy it that they would go about their normal day like oh well, no one believes me. Seemed odd. But a really minor nit pick into an otherwise excellent show.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Even though I love the show my one little complain so far is that there is a part where a kid sees something VERY scary and if actually physically touched with clothes ripped. The kid talks to the parents and the next scene they are playing in their room like nothing happened. I would think a young kid would be so traumatized if they saw what we saw on the screen and was actually assaulted to the point of clothes being torn. Just don't buy it that they would go about their normal day like oh well, no one believes me. Seemed odd. But a really minor nit pick into an otherwise excellent show.
Not a nitpick but a valid point; although the ending sort of explains how everyone was affected by the house.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts