AVS Forum banner

17001 - 17020 of 17061 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Thank you, After the sony and not oled what would be the next tvy ou would recommend between 43-50? Thank you
Samsung Q80T 50", no Dolby Vision, currently priced similar to Sony X950H 49".

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Samsung Q80T 50", no Dolby Vision, currently priced similar to Sony X950H 49".

Good luck.
Also, the 49" and 50" Q80T sizes are 60 Hz not 120 Hz, don't support VRR for gaming and don't have Samsung's Ultra wide viewing angle layer. The 49" X950H is still 120 Hz but does not have Sony's X-Wide angle viewing layer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So... as I still have tcl 65” number 3 here (have until 1/29 to return this one back)... I’m leaning towards the x900 but while I’ve been watching cherry picked reviews, reading rtings, looking at tvs in person.... it’s time for a few dumb questions :

why, during unboxing videos do these people always put the tv face down to put the feet on ? One would think You wouldn’t want to put any kind of pressure on the screen ? I always put them on their back to put the feet on. If it’s going to make it to a wall mount I’ll put the bracket parts on while it’s on it’s feet still....

“Jailbars” since I had not followed tv tech for about the last 5 years (until my 60” Samsung decide it was time to go)... I don’t recall every seeing or dealing with these things going back 20 years to my 58” panny plasma.... what is the cause of these ? All 3 tcl’s I’ve tried have had them but number 3 here is the worse of them. The other two I could only see them off angle, number 3 the one right down the middle of the screen is apparent during sky scenes... so with that said, watching godless in DV last night I noticed 3 “jailbars”... the same episode today I could only notice the middle bar during the same scenes and had to look for it... the only variable would be last night the tv had been on for about 6-7 hrs... today only about 2 hours... do these things come out with heat ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
it’s time for a few dumb questions :

why, during unboxing videos do these people always put the tv face down to put the feet on ?
Dumb answer to dumb question? Because if there is an earthquake while you are attempting to put the feet on, your ceiling will fall on the back of the tv instead of the front?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Thank you, After the sony and not oled what would be the next tvy ou would recommend between 43-50? Thank you
LG is the only one that supposedly got 4K 120 HDR working right with the PS5. So...maybe the LG Nano?

I'm in a different boat leaning towards the Sammy QT series, but I just cried looking through the QT90 thread, so...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good Day AVS'rs Getting some WAF on my tv choice as my bedroom is small and wife just hates any tv in any bedroom. What is a decent 43" tv for gaming , movie and streaming? Budget 800.00. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Good Day AVS'rs Getting some WAF on my tv choice as my bedroom is small and wife just hates any tv in any bedroom. What is a decent 43" tv for gaming , movie and streaming? Budget 800.00. Thank you.
Suggest putting yo' foot down. Take charge of BBQ and AV. Is that too much? No.

Samsung owns the 43" market. Not great stuff, but can be decent depending on panel luck.

Their Q60T 43" is currently around $530.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
LG is the only one that supposedly got 4K 120 HDR working right with the PS5. So...maybe the LG Nano?

I'm in a different boat leaning towards the Sammy QT series, but I just cried looking through the QT90 thread, so...
For some odd reason(s), the Q80T seems to have better screen uniformity and is better out of the box than the Q90T. Performance is similar for these two, so maybe consider Q80T.

Good luck.

Reactions: allargon

·
Registered
285 Posts
So... as I still have tcl 65” number 3 here (have until 1/29 to return this one back)... I’m leaning towards the x900 but while I’ve been watching cherry picked reviews, reading rtings, looking at tvs in person.... it’s time for a few dumb questions :

why, during unboxing videos do these people always put the tv face down to put the feet on ? One would think You wouldn’t want to put any kind of pressure on the screen ? I always put them on their back to put the feet on. If it’s going to make it to a wall mount I’ll put the bracket parts on while it’s on it’s feet still....

“Jailbars” since I had not followed tv tech for about the last 5 years (until my 60” Samsung decide it was time to go)... I don’t recall every seeing or dealing with these things going back 20 years to my 58” panny plasma.... what is the cause of these ? All 3 tcl’s I’ve tried have had them but number 3 here is the worse of them. The other two I could only see them off angle, number 3 the one right down the middle of the screen is apparent during sky scenes... so with that said, watching godless in DV last night I noticed 3 “jailbars”... the same episode today I could only notice the middle bar during the same scenes and had to look for it... the only variable would be last night the tv had been on for about 6-7 hrs... today only about 2 hours... do these things come out with heat ?
Did not want to get my two stupid questions lost in the shuffle 🤨

·
Registered
26 Posts

I purchased an 85X900H this summer and recently replace a 75 inch 900F with a 75 Q90T. In my opinion I think the Q90Thas hands down the better picture. I dont game at all so that eliminates all sorts of issues for me!

Also...I am simply not a fan of Dolby Vision. It always seems far to dark in my opinion... yes, after experimenting, even maxing all settings at times. HDR on the Samsung is flat out excellent.

I have read thru every page in the 900H AND Q90T threads and the majority of hate in the Q90T seems to come from the same dozen folks over and over and over again.

Also have a TCL 635 that is pretty good. Think Im gonna replace it with a Samsung Q80T because I like the Q90 so much!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I purchased an 85X900H this summer and recently replace a 75 inch 900F with a 75 Q90T. In my opinion I think the Q90Thas hands down the better picture. I dont game at all so that eliminates all sorts of issues for me!

Also...I am simply not a fan of Dolby Vision. It always seems far to dark in my opinion... yes, after experimenting, even maxing all settings at times. HDR on the Samsung is flat out excellent.

I have read thru every page in the 900H AND Q90T threads and the majority of hate in the Q90T seems to come from the same dozen folks over and over and over again.

Also have a TCL 635 that is pretty good. Think Im gonna replace it with a Samsung Q80T because I like the Q90 so much!
The tcl 6 and 5 (I’ve been trying them) maybe it’s because every one so far has been a bad panel but i just can’t get a consistent picture... I’m always moving DV mode from dark to normal depending on the show / movie .. sometimes during the same movie or show one scene looks washed out then another will look crystal clear... I also struggle with sdr... I run it in movie with warm color, movies seem more consistent but shows / series are all over the place... gamma always flipping between 2.2 and 2.4...sometimes warm looks way to red / orange but normal it’s just always to blue.. i have never owned a tv that I am constantly changing settings like this...

I will say DV to me for the most part looks much cleaner than hdr....

·
Registered
3,869 Posts

Thank you.

I'm still looking at a 2020 Sammy QT (70-90) or a Sony 800H. I definitely want an 85". So I'm waiting for the Super Bowl sales.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,406 Posts
This tends to hold true in other Threads as well .. even getting down to the same 2-3 folks that believe it is their appointed duty to continually lodge complaints .. unable, somehow, to post an experience and then move on ..

·
Registered
285 Posts
This tends to hold true in other Threads as well .. even getting down to the same 2-3 folks that believe it is their appointed duty to continually lodge complaints .. unable, somehow, to post an experience and then move on ..
Oh.. ok we get it you got a decent tcl panel.... you are a tcl fanboy...others haven’t and others are researching TVs here... if you bought a new car and the windshield had a brown border all the way around it would you live with it ? No.... so go enjoy your decent panel and stop complaining about “complainers”... regardless if someone spends $200 or 3k on a tv, the expectations are to not have a distracting problem when trying to watch normal content.

·
Registered
16,406 Posts
Oh.. ok we get it you got a decent tcl panel.... you are a tcl fanboy...others haven’t and others are researching TVs here... if you bought a new car and the windshield had a brown border all the way around it would you live with it ? No.... so go enjoy your decent panel and stop complaining about “complainers”... regardless if someone spends $200 or 3k on a tv, the expectations are to not have a distracting problem when trying to watch normal content.
I guess you figured I was writing about you .. also, I'm not a boy of anything, I'm a grown ass man of 76 that's been in this hobby since before it had a name ..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I guess you figured I was writing about you .. also, I'm not a boy of anything, I'm a grown ass man of 76 that's been in this hobby since before it had a name ..
Yes, you complained about me “complaining” in the tcl thread.... I don’t care how old you are. You are a tcl fanboy...

Hey look posted 1hr ago on Reddit 4k tv sub... it’s a tcl problem...

·
Registered
16,406 Posts
Yes, you complained about me “complaining” in the tcl thread.... I don’t care how old you are. You are a tcl fanboy...
That would be wrong .. I complained about your continuous complaining on different Threads .. make your point and move on, no more, no less .. I suppose that's too much to ask ..

Reactions: div2

·
Registered
285 Posts
So tcl number 4 showed up today.... the last I’m willing to try... still have to end of the month to move on... I’ve seen people say Amazon has sold / shipped refurbs as new...

I’ve you’ve seen tcl boxes at Best Buy etc they are white with red and blue...

what is this generic brown box that just showed up from Amazon ?

17001 - 17020 of 17061 Posts