AVS Forum banner

17361 - 17380 of 17412 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
2021 Sony X90J, X95J.

X95J 75" $3500; X95J 85" $4500 (approximate MSRP).

X90J 75" $2500 (approximate MSRP). No 85" for this model.

Good luck.
The X90-95J sounds about what I'm looking for, but I have two concerns no VRR yet and no mini led (I would have to wait for a comparison between Sony vs LG) The Bravia Core service looks interesting, but I'm sure for us third world country it won't be available.

I will add the Sony to my list and wait until someone reviews it

Thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Help! I’m in between a 75” q900ts (2020) or a 65” QN800A (2021). Any opinions?
Contrast isn't great on the 2020 Q900TS 75", currently around $4000. May be one of the reasons it's discounted $3500.

2021 QN800A 75" is their entry 8K with mini-LED. Currently around $4800.

You might consider Sony 8K. 2020 Z8H 75", currently around $4500. Comparable 2021 Z9J 75" MSRP is around $7000.

FWIW Z8H beat Q950TS in a shoot-out.

Good luck, have fun.

Reactions: Gib6717

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have not already pulled out your wallet here's another vote for TCL...especially if you have already mitigated glare issues in the room. On Amazon, the 55" 6 series model is under budget and the 65" is a little over. I have an older (2018 model) 55" TCL and love it. These TCL models also get very good rating for gaming (low lag) in game model mode. [edit]
Thank you for the info! I've decided to hold off until I can budget more money to go to an OLED.

In reading various Amazon feedback on various models, it became apparent that going low budget would mean getting some significant improvements - but accepting some PQ issues I don't have right now.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Honestly just want to be an early adopter. I understand there’s little to no benefit but I enjoy the bleeding edge.
I think the Sony top-end benefit is superior performance and workmanship. See related YouTube videos with Value Electronics' Robert Zohn. What stands out for me is the top-end's "clear panels".

2020 Z8H 8K stands alone. For 2021, Z9J will have XR Contrast Booster 15. I'll be interested to see how this apparent boost in Peak Brightness compares.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Are there any TVs with 4 HDMI 2.1 ports available now or maybe upcoming besides an OLED? Thanks.
flatpanelshddotcom says the following do.

2021 LG Z1, G1, C1, QNED99, NANO99, NANO95.

2021 Samsung Q900A, QN95A.

2021 TCL X925 Pro, X925, C825, C728.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Costco has the Sony 900h 65” for $1,169.
I’m really happy with the q80 in our main family room but still in the market for a game room tv. Hdmi 2.1 doesn’t matter to me.

what are the negatives to this model ? Hdr Brightness as bad as some claim ? I’d expect good color accuracy out of the box and very good gradient / color banding.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Costco has the Sony 900h 65” for $1,169.
I’m really happy with the q80 in our main family room but still in the market for a game room tv. Hdmi 2.1 doesn’t matter to me.

What are the negatives to this model? HDR Peak Brightness, as bad as some claim? I’d expect good color accuracy out of the box and very good gradient / color banding.
Since you don't care about the HDMI 2.1 Firmware Update issue thus far...many X900H owners (see their AVSForum thread) are adamant that HDR Peak Brightness is not an issue, and are pleased overall.

Reactions: Bb412

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sony X900H vs. Vizio P Series Quantum X

Both around the same price. Vizio seems to edge the Sony out a little but all the quality control problems I read about scare me a little. I'm looking at the 85" and will be wall mounted. Likely pairing it with the Panasonic 820. I also already have the Nvidia Shield. Pretty straight forward viewing angle and can control the light in the room. Connecting to a Denon X4100W 5.1 system with a pair of SVS Prime Elevations on the way for Front heights, to make it a 5.1.2

Which would you get?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Sony X900H vs. Vizio P Series Quantum X

Both around the same price. Vizio seems to edge the Sony out a little but all the quality control problems I read about scare me a little. I'm looking at the 85" and will be wall mounted. Likely pairing it with the Panasonic 820. I also already have the Nvidia Shield. Pretty straight forward viewing angle and can control the light in the room. Connecting to a Denon X4100W 5.1 system with a pair of SVS Prime Elevations on the way for Front heights, to make it a 5.1.2

Which would you get?
The Vizio PQX blows away the Sony X900H in every way: contrast, brightness, local dimming, reflection control. It's not really close. The two constant Vizio issues are 720p upscaling, if that matters to you, and of course QC. The Sony is a safe choice, but overall a dull, mid-level performer. If you want to go for a home run, the PQX is worth a shot but you must be willing to return it should it be a dud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, first post here. I'm looking for a TV for the gaming room. Don't need super fancy but I would like it as future proof as possible. I have a Highsense H8E 65 for main watching.

Currently I'm here: LG Nano of some kind for the 2.1 ports, TCL 635 for best budget but no 4k 120, Samsung Q70t I found cheap in the area, or to just wait for some Q70A reviews since it is Freesync Premium Pro and should, and instress should, fix any issues with 4k 120 vrr HDR.

Does anyone know when we might be seeing some reviews for the 70/80?

·
Registered
505 Posts
The Vizio PQX blows away the Sony X900H in every way: contrast, brightness, local dimming, reflection control. It's not really close. The two constant Vizio issues are 720p upscaling, if that matters to you, and of course QC. The Sony is a safe choice, but overall a dull, mid-level performer. If you want to go for a home run, the PQX is worth a shot but you must be willing to return it should it be a dud.
So is the Vizio the best option in that price range? Is there a difference between the 2020 and 2021 model, and if so how do you tell?

·
Registered
505 Posts
They must of known I was looking price just went up...SMH

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Hey there, first post here. I'm looking for a TV for the gaming room. Don't need super fancy but I would like it as future proof as possible. I have a Highsense H8E 65 for main watching.

Currently I'm here: LG Nano of some kind for the 2.1 ports, TCL 635 for best budget but no 4k 120, Samsung Q70t I found cheap in the area, or to just wait for some Q70A reviews since it is Freesync Premium Pro and should, and instress should, fix any issues with 4k 120 vrr HDR.

Does anyone know when we might be seeing some reviews for the 70/80?
In the meantime...

·
Registered
91 Posts
hey everyone! I've been an OLED dude since they launched but am thinking about switching it up. I'm not quite sure where to start with LEDs. I want to go for a 65" w/ bomb picture quality (who doesn't lol).

17361 - 17380 of 17412 Posts