AVS Forum banner

17401 - 17412 of 17412 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Do any of the new TVs out there have a zoom feature?

I have hundreds of non-anamorphic DVDs that I watch. My plasma has a zoom button on the remote to fill the screen. However my Samsung Q70 does not appear to have that function. Is there a TV out there now that does?

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Do any of the new TVs out there have a zoom feature?

I have hundreds of non-anamorphic DVDs that I watch. My plasma has a zoom button on the remote to fill the screen. However my Samsung Q70 does not appear to have that function. Is there a TV out there now that does?
These links may help re Samsung and Sony TVs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just curious, but what is the largest 1080p television still available? Largest I can find is in the 40 to 43-in range. I sit so far away that 1080p is good enough even in a 60-in television. Finding an LCD larger than 43 in in 1080p is a challenge. Not at the market yet but you never know when the old plasma is going to bite the dust.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Just curious, but what is the largest 1080p television still available? Largest I can find is in the 40 to 43-in range. I sit so far away that 1080p is good enough even in a 60-in television. Finding an LCD larger than 43 in in 1080p is a challenge. Not at the market yet but you never know when the old plasma is going to bite the dust.
B&H Photo shows Sharp PN-LE901 90" for around $4200.

Reactions: jmbrad

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking to replace a 7 year old edge-lit Samsung H7150 that is in my rather small living room. The 7150 has been a fantastic device, but I am moving it to my basement to replace another even older television that recently died. As my living room does have some windows and I also have children who are not the most careful, I am looking at LEDs and not OLEDs as the replacement. Given my living room and usage circumstances (children, mixture of streamed programming, television, some gaming on a PS4 and a Switch), I am gravitating towards a new Q90T as I am able to get it for a significant discount now that the 2021 tv's are coming out.

I should note that the H7150 is 46" and always seemed a little small for the space (people sit from 4ft to 9ft away from the screen). Therefore, we are open to increasing the size somewhat. As the smallest size for the Q90T is 55", I wanted to check if others would have any concern with that size being too much for people sitting as close as 4ft to 6ft from the screen. Thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also pulled the trigger on a 65" Q90T. Right now the uk price for one is fantastic...less the half the price of a QN90A. I doubt it will get much lower. It should arrive next monday.I hope it has the older firmware.
Gonna move my 65" mu6120 to the living room for daytime xbox one x gaming. Not gonna try to hard to find a ps5 untill fall.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I should note that the H7150 is 46" and always seemed a little small for the space (people sit from 4ft to 9ft away from the screen). Therefore, we are open to increasing the size somewhat. As the smallest size for the Q90T is 55", I wanted to check if others would have any concern with that size being too much for people sitting as close as 4ft to 6ft from the screen. Thoughts?
At 4 to 6 feet a 55" is fine. At 9 feet a 65" is more appropriate.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am looking for a new tv. It will be in a bright room(large windows in arizona) and I would normally consider an OLED because I love my A9G but this room will be very bright. I would like to get as close to OLED quality as possible.

Wants: HDMI 2.1 - Xbox series X
Bright
Low input LAg
Good for Movies and TV
65 or 75"
Under 3000

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
195 Posts
We live in AZ and in the same predicament. Sony A9G in our media room and a Sony 75” 940C in our bright great room. The 940C went out and replaced with an LG CX. The OLED is too dim and we picked up a Sony 75” Z8H that will be delivered tomorrow. Hopeful that sine the Z8H is much brighter than the 940C it will solve our problem. Great sale on them now before the new models come out.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I am looking for a new tv. It will be in a bright room(large windows in arizona) and I would normally consider an OLED because I love my A9G but this room will be very bright. I would like to get as close to OLED quality as possible.

Wants: HDMI 2.1 - Xbox series X
Bright
Low input LAg
Good for Movies and TV
65 or 75"
Under 3000

Any recommendations?
2020: Sony X900H 65", currently around $1400; Sony X900H 75", currently around $1600.

2021: Sony X90J 65", around $1800, expected availability July 1; Sony X90J 75", around $2600, expected availability July 1.

FWIW 2020 Sony Z8H 75" 8K is currently around $4500. 2021 Sony Z9J 75" 8K, pre-order May 17, expected to be around $7000.

Good luck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
let me know how the 8k looks for older 1080p streaming content
TV just in, using AppleTV for 1080p... very impressed with the conversion. Here are a couple of pics from the Cooking/ History Channels in Cinema mode.

17401 - 17412 of 17412 Posts