AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be fun - let's make this the place to post pictures of dedicated home theaters / screening rooms from the "old days" of this hobby. 1980's/70's/60's/50's. I don't have any pics myself, but I'd like to see some and hear some "old timer" discussion. You know - back when you had to crank your film projector by hand with candlelight and hire a pianist to accompany your silent films, and technical knowledge was harder to come by than just visiting a discussion forum.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1523524/the-history-thread-vintage-home-theaters-from-1980s-and-earlier#post_24509193

I'll play. There was this guy Hearst involved in newspapers or something. Built a house in California, it had a Home Theater, I've been there

Was that part of the Hearst Castle? We were just down in Cali and drove past it, but didn't have the half day recommended for the tour. Heard its a pretty cool place though.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1523524/the-history-thread-vintage-home-theaters-from-1980s-and-earlier#post_24509193

I'll play. There was this guy Hearst involved in newspapers or something. Built a house in California, it had a Home Theater, I've been there

Bet I can name a film that was NOT screened there!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Here's another. Sort of well known artichoke's home out west. His buildings usually leaked, and sometimes had structural failure. But he was ground breaking. Know who?

Interesting diffusers and starfield ceiling. Horrible light control.

Stadium seating. ADA approved ramp

I've been there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts