AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipper IV /forum/post/0

Picture quality is superb, as is the uncompressed PCM.

Thank you, that is what I was hoping to hear. My copy is on the way

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just put it in, I skipped around a bit. There is a fair amount of detail. The robe that arthur dent wears is very very detailed. With that said, there is a bit of grain. Similar to xmen (perhaps the film used). Also, sometimes contrast seems weak making picture a bit flat. Still, look pretty good to me though. Won't be on the top of your list for reference material but I friggin love this movie. Very colorful, saturated in a good way relative to the HD version on TV.

·
Registered
945 Posts
A couple of more impressions - very inconsistent. At times this movie is super detailed, other times soft. At times very nice black levels, other times flat. A little light on features, maybe on par with the DVD. There is a movie showcase that just shows 3 scenes from the movie to show off HD - 2 look great, one looks very grain and soft.

I'm not saying that its not worth a purchase. Great movie, at times super beautiful. Can't comment on sound as its late and don't want to wake anybody. But its not gonna beat MI3 for example.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It's a little more consistent in PQ my opinion. Alot of scenes are just beautiful and there are only a few that are a little grainy but nothing too terrible. Lots of details, especially on the alien vessel. I say upper tier 2 to lower tier one. The audio is super with lots of fantastic LFE. Slim extras for what was supposed to be a BD-50? Not sure about that but I was pleased with it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.