AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'll join in on this as it sounds like a great way to meet some people and checkout other kit.

Barcelona, Spain:
PSB X2T Fronts
PSB Imagine C Center
Pioneer SC-LX58
Klipsch R-110SW Sub
Barcelona is on my list of places I want to visit some day. Nice system.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
My HT System is in the ManCave. Sony 40es projector,126" Seymour AT Screen,JBL studio 590 for the front,JBL HT4's for surround sides and rears, 2 Epik Empire subs, Outlaw amp,Marantz pre-pro,LG Blu-ray player,PS4,Toshiba HD Player. Both systems can be available for a demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice rooms!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Very nice rooms!

Thank you! Some of the equipment in my Vinyl system I've had for over 20 years.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
I'm on Long Island NY. I have a 2 channel system that consists of Medallion Cabinets with Fostex FE206 drivers which have the EnABLed treatment. Fi 2A3 mono blocks,Hovland HP100 preamp with phono,Technics Sp10Mk2 table with SME arm and Benz Cart. Pioneer N50 for digital and streaming. Pinnacle subs for just a little more bass.
Nice tt! Now about those cable lifters....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nice tt! Now about those cable lifters....
Lol! I'm an electrician and those "Lifters" are what we use on the job to support cables in a temporary condition,the cable goes between 2 halves,I was looking at them in the shop one day and figured why not give them a try to see if i hear any difference,not sure if I do but they look kinda cool lol.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
Lol! I'm an electrician and those "Lifters" are what we use on the job to support cables in a temporary condition,the cable goes between 2 halves,I was looking at them in the shop one day and figured why not give them a try to see if i hear any difference,not sure if I do but they look kinda cool lol.
I suppose if it relieves cable strain some they may have some value.....otherwise I wouldn't use the word "cool" to describe it. YMMV :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
I suppose if it relieves cable strain some they may have some value.....otherwise I wouldn't use the word "cool" to describe it. YMMV :)

It's not about the ability to relieve cable strain,it's the fact that Porcelain is totally non conductive so it separates any floor vibrations from possibly being picked up by the cables. As far as being cool,it's a lot cheaper this way trying something out before paying money to find out that lifters don't do anything.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
It's not about the ability to relieve cable strain,it's the fact that Porcelain is totally non conductive so it separates any floor vibrations from possibly being picked up by the cables. As far as being cool,it's a lot cheaper this way trying something out before paying money to find out that lifters don't do anything.

Porcelain is non conductive to floor vibrations, eh? Don't think I've heard that before. Those poor wires inside your speakers...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Porcelain is non conductive to floor vibrations, eh? Don't think I've heard that before. Those poor wires inside your speakers...:rolleyes:

Like I said,it's something I thought about trying out so why not. That's all.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Just one of the crazier "audiophile" phenomenons is all....hopefully you don't graduate to tibetan singing bowls. :)

Only during dinner. :)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I just updated my posting to reflect the updated receiver, addition of Bluesound Vault w/Tidal Hi-Fi streaming and updated sub from SVS SB1000 to their SB2000.

Still not listed on Page 1 under Massachusetts. Oh well. The offer stands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie to the home theater scene. I've been lurking a couple weeks since I found out my bonus check will be big enough to start creating my own theater.

I'm leaning toward the following 5.1 Klipsch setup:
LR - RP-280F
Center - RP-450C
Surround - RP-250S
Sub - R-115SW
Receiver - Denon AVR-X4200W

Does anyone in the SE Michigan area have a similar setup that would be willing to demo? Or does anyone have a favorite HT audio store I could visit that has this setup?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am no expert when it comes to different wavelengths and specifics but I know that these sounds pretty damn good. Both sets are setup if these are something you were considering.

TV: Vizio E70-C3
AVR: Denon X3200W
Speakers: SVS Prime Series (Towers, Center, Satellites)
Sub: SVS PC-2000

TV: 48" Samsung JU6400
AVR: Sony STR-DH750
Towers: BIC DV64
Center: BIC DV62CLR-S
Surrounds: BIC DV32
Sub: Dayton 10"

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
I'm a bit off the beaten path, but I will have the new Reaction Audio 10 and 15" speakers available to demo as well as some Cinema 10 Max and Life S9 speakers I just wrapped up.

Ladysmith, BC. Just shoot me a PM if you want to hear them. And if you're in Vancouver maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey guys anyone out there who have auditioned SVS Ultra Towers or Prime Towers. I don't have a home theater these would be purely for music.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nola Boxer 2's

Hello all,
I am a proud owner of a pair of Nola Boxer 2's. I find these to be the finest speakers I have had in my listening room. They have great dynamics,detail,and great bass for a monitor. Feel free to contact me for a demo. I am located in Rochester,NY.
Thanks all,
TEA FOR ONE,(Ray)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I'm in the SF Bay area and can demo the following: 7.1 setup with Behringer 212XL as LCR, Axiom made Michaura speakers as surrounds, receiver is a S=Onkyo, Tv is 3d Sony, with a SVS cylinder sub.

Welcome to bring your cd's, bluray's or music on a usb.

Attachments

261 - 280 of 438 Posts