AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 460 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,252 Posts
Central Massachusetts demo

It's been a while since I posted and there's been some upgrades, so I'll put it out there again.

I'm in central MA, so anyone wanting to come is welcome to ping me if you want to hear KEF speakers. Living room 5.1.2 system is R500/R200c/R100, SVS Sb2000, and R50 for Atmos Enabled. Feel free to bring your own DVD, up to 4K with Atmos. Powered solely by an NAD T758v3, with an LG UP875 Blu-Ray player.

For 2-channel near-field demo, it's a pair of LS50's paired with a KEF Kube 10b sub, driven by an NAD Masters M10 to stream Tidal HiFi and listen to the Project RPM-1 turntable with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking for someone who has the Polk LSim 707 in the Philadelphia area. I am thinking of purchasing. Hell I will even buy you lunch for a demo. I currently have a 5.2 goldenear setup consisting of GoldenEar Triton 7s supersat 30s and super center xl. Front stage is driven by emotiva xpa100 monoblocks. I really want to upgrade to a punchier more impactful speaker and there is a great deal on the polks. If anyone is interested in the GoldenEar’s I would be more than happy to demo.

·
Registered
114 Posts
[Ann Arbor], [MI] - Revel M126be, SVS SB2000 - Locoliberty

·
Registered
457 Posts
[Lancaster], [PA] - Legacy Audio Signature SE, Legacy Audio Studio HD set up in a 5.1 HT configuration with a Seaton Submersive HP subwoofer. DMark1 (Legacy Audio Phantom HD side surrounds not currently set up).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm in the Rochester,NY area,and I recently picked up a gently used pair of Graham Chartwell LS3/5's. These are reproductions of the 1st BBC mini monitor. The second being the LS3/5A's. About 2 months ago I started to become fascinated with Harbeth,and particularly the P3esr's. Taking into consideration how much these are new,used would have to be the way for me to go. So,before laying out that kind of cash,I needed to get a feel for what these would sound like,in a more economical way. I did some research and came upon Spendor s3/5. Much more reasonably priced,but give me a taste of British mini monitors. I find a used pair very reasonably priced,and pull the trigger. Within the first 30 minutes of listening I was falling in love with this sound. The search for a used pair of Harbeths was under way.
Like others,I enjoy reading all things audio. Knowing a little about the background of the p3's,the ls3/5a's keep coming up. Now I'm VERY intrigued with the history of the BBC mini monitors. The price point of original ls3/5a's is out of reach with my fiscal limitations. So now I'm scouring the classifieds looking for used,affordable p3's, and used current ls3/5a's. I'm looking at the likes of Falcon,Stirling,Graham, and even Mistral. Low and behold,here is a pair of very nice Graham Chartwell LS3/5's, no"a" suffix. I figure if I cut back on food,I can afford them. I win the bid,and the speakers are mine!
They just arrived yesterday. I was able to get a good 8hrs of listening with them.WOW!!! Definitely true love! I now understand why people pay large sums for 40 yr old originals. These speakers are (to me) totally intoxicating. Just so natural across the board. I'm a big fan of 3D imaging. The Grahams check that box with a big fat sharpie!!
Anyways,if anyone is in the area,and would like to get ears on an audio legend,I would be happy to put you in my listening chair,and let you take the Graham Chartwell LS3/5's for a test drive.
Thanks for reading,
Ray

·
Registered
417 Posts
If anyone is in the NE, KS, CO area for a basic demo. Nothing fancy but we enjoy it. Quote my post and I'll be happy to get in touch :)

·
Premium Member
6,252 Posts
Central/southern Massachusetts (30 miles north of the CT border.)

Three setups. Primary music one is KEF LS50's with Kube 10b sub, fed by NAD Masters M10.

Main system for surround is KEF R500/R200/R100/R50 with SVS SB2000 sub, fed by NAD T758v3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Central/southern Massachusetts (30 miles north of the CT border.)

Three setups. Primary music one is KEF LS50's with Kube 10b sub, fed by NAD Masters M10.

Main system for surround is KEF R500/R200/R100/R50 with SVS SB2000 sub, fed by NAD T758v3.
How far is your MLP from your KEF R500/R200?

·
Premium Member
6,252 Posts
How far is your MLP from your KEF R500/R200?
For everyday use, it's too far to be best. About 12-13 feet. However, because I have 3 Dirac profiles stored, I have one for demo where I can put a seat at 8 feet away and it's then just perfect!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Austin, TX

Legacy Audio Silhouette full range on-walls in a 5.2 setup, driven by a Denon X4400H.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Austin, TX

Legacy Audio Silhouette full range on-walls in a 5.2 setup, driven by a Denon X4400H.
Costa Mesa, CA

5.2.4 HT setup

For anyone curious about Martin Logan Motions, Dirac, and an Arcam based Pre-pro, or how two PB16s can coexist in an apartment.

Speakers: Martin Logan 60XT & 50XT| Motion 4
Definitive Technology SR9080 Surround | | Dual SVS PB16 |