AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Nah. In my job I'm lucky on some days to have some down time. I work 911 dispatch and depending on my assignment and the day's workload I can have some serious down time (working certain fire radios actually waiting for a big fire or major injury accident or chemical spill etc can take hours).

I figure even if I do get busy with work or other obligations an update of the first thread every day or two should be sufficient to keep everything rolling along. I hated not seeing the master movies with bass thread not getting updated, but that is a substantial degree of more work involved also. Simple copy and paste will work on this pretty well.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
What no Canada? I'm in Winnipeg

I'd be down to :

2 x 18" mal-x 7cf sealed, ep4000 each bridged

2 x 21" mal-x,7cf sealed, ep4000 each bridged

4 x 18" IXL IB , 2 x ep4000

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
The more I think about this the more it would make sense in just about all aspects of home theater. Most home theater or hifi specific shops have shut down so if a good network could be created it would help people make first hand decisions rather than just going off ramblings from "joe I think I know" on the internet.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG /forum/post/20831516

What no Canada? I'm in Winnipeg

I'd be down to :

2 x 18" mal-x 7cf sealed, ep4000 each bridged

2 x 21" mal-x,7cf sealed, ep4000 each bridged

4 x 18" IXL IB , 2 x ep4000

When you use your Radio Shack SPL meter in Canada, do you need to set it to "Eh"-weighting????

ps. Glad to see the Jets back home where they belong, the origin of the whiteout!

·
Registered
471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely8 /forum/post/0

when you use your radio shack spl meter in canada, do you need to set it to "eh"-weighting????

lmao!

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Canadian dog - Bow, wow, eh!

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
Sacramento, California (rmk!)

JTR Orbit Shifter (pair) each with Std 4000 watt RMS, 7200 watt burst amp

OK, update is in order. 

I sold the Orbit Shifters in Janurary and replaced them and my JTR mains with full range JTR speakers (LCR). They are the 215TRT's (Reference Towers) and each cabinet contains 2 high excursion woofers giving me 6 15" s across the front. These speakers are rated 95db efficiency and the frequency +-3db point is 18hz-24khz. 

These are powered by a Lab Gruppen FP10000Q with over 1200wpc. Not the big bass impact of dual Orbit Shifters but but the bass is very clean and powerful. This is a different approach to HT audio but the results have been great.

I'd be happy to demo to anyone especially skeptics. :)

·
Registered
5,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash /forum/post/20832354

The more I think about this the more it would make sense in just about all aspects of home theater. Most home theater or hifi specific shops have shut down so if a good network could be created it would help people make first hand decisions rather than just going off ramblings from "joe I think I know" on the internet.

I agree with the "all aspects" comment. I could see room size being a good data reference too. When I was laying out my room, I hunted for people with similar sized spaces. Dual Danleys in a 10x12' closet don't give the impression that is needed for a person in a 20x35' room.

·
Registered
19,878 Posts
Room size is dependent on construction and treatments as well. Although my room is small I lose 12 db's at the LP from the speakers and subs. I don't have that tactile floor shake either but lots of pressure due to the concrete floor. The seats shake like crazy though.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Cincinnati, Ohio - laugsbach

Chase Home Theater CS18.T sub with Dayton SA1000 amp in main theater.

Outlaw Audio (2) LFM-1 EX subs with 350W Bash amp in main theater.

Outlaw Audio (2) LFM-1 PLUS subs with 350W Bash amp in media room.

eD A2-300 sub with eD 200W amp in media room.

·
Registered
545 Posts
NW Houston, TX - SVS PB13 Ultra (pair) - boarder1995

Reactions: Archaea

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

·
Registered
8,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely8 /forum/post/20833555

When you use your Radio Shack SPL meter in Canada, do you need to set it to "Eh"-weighting????

ps. Glad to see the Jets back home where they belong, the origin of the whiteout!

Yes, Yes I do. Though it only activates after getting a few beers in ya.

As for the Jets, i was lucky enough to get top tier 1 season tickets. They sold out 13K of season tickets in 17 minutes. Crazy eh??

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
St. Louis, MO - HSU VTF-15H (black) - mlknez

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Oh what the heck

6x sealed maelx

buffalo mn