AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up on Monday on a blind buy hopefully its good. Will give it a spin on Blu tonight. :)

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
One of the best of the year.

Ian ;)

Reactions: markmathers

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished watching this film, absolutely fantastic. Benedict Cumberbatch did such an outstanding job as well as Kieira knightley.
I'm always fascinated with WWII History and this movie certainly shows a part that was very important in the War. Great Blind Buy !!

Frank

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
I enjoyed the movie a lot....until I read about the real history and how this movie completely butchered a lot of it and actually disparaged one of the real life people by making him into some semi antagonist when he wasn't. Seeing that lowered my opinion of it.

I understand they usually take liberties with historical based movies but you shouldn't make real life people out to be villains when they weren't along with all the other stuff they did.

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
...But that's human nature, since the very beginning. ...Sure it affects me too, very deeply, but reality is harsh, and we don't appreciate others for their true valor and @ just value.

The Imitation Game is a great film, on Blu, but the true reality is not so great, not so sky blue. ...I agree with you.

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...But that's human nature, since the very beginning. ...Sure it affects me too, very deeply, but reality is harsh, and we don't appreciate others to their true valor and & just value.

The Imitation Game is a great film, on Blu, but the true reality is not so great, not so sky blue. ...I agree with you.

I still enjoyed it regardless.

Frank

·
Banned
16,643 Posts
I still enjoyed it regardless.
Frank
Same here Frank; the stories I've read didn't influence my overall enjoyment from the film itself, on the enigma machine and its code breaker, Alan Turing.

The reality as written here and there by interpreters is a different story though; and even that one we cannot comprehend with the full intensity and real impact of the true events as lived by Alan Turing himself, and the people surrounding him @ the time, and how he was perceived by each one of them who knew him directly and indirectly, with all their prejudices from that time period.

A film is a film is a film; some based on true events and some more accurate and concentrated on different details.
Here, the director is the master of his craft; his vision is his as the way he intended to share. And it's on that basis that our movie critic expands.

I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts