AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I want to thank BBC video and Aardman for publishing this DVD so that it includes all three major W&G featurettes. From the simple DVD cover art, one might mistake this for a new short or a long-lost Nick Park film. No, this DVD includes all the best (in my opinion) work from Nick Park and Aardman studios:

- A Grand Day Out

- The Wrong Trousers

- A Close Shave

Even if you have yet to see any of these short films, you may still be familiar with the work of Nick Park and Friends. He has no less than four academy awards to his credit and has done a lot of comercial work. Most people however, already have a history with good old W&G and will not be dissapointed with this nice package.

Technically, this disk doesn't break any new ground. The transfer is 4:3 aspect and you certainly won't see any letters like "THX" or Dolby printed on the jacket. In that respect, the content is really showing its roots. These are after all not feature length films, an it was not created with high tech equipment.

What does shine though is the Story and the nice extras. The Wallace and Grommet adventures are timeless fun that any age group will enjoy. As a long-time fan of all the films, I especially enjoyed the Audio comentary by all the artists. Some frank discussion about artistic decisions along with great observations about the evolution of the characters and the tecniques used.

Pluses: Lots of great content packed into one DVD, and as such is a good value for W&G fans. Good extras. Classic academy award winning animation, and wonderful stories for all ages.

Minuses: Technically, not a stunning disk.

Cheers. --Karl

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.