AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Hello,

After 24 hours of searching, reading, eye bleeding schematic studying and risking life and limb with a multimeter I have joined AVS Forums tonight looking for opinions...

As I stated, my few year old HK AVR 3600 for unknown reasons had recently completely stopped responding, Only the evil amber light of standby shame is to be enjoyed by this now overweight night light.

Yup, tried the reset holding the OK button. Also don't think its a protection feature but could be wrong there. I'll just get right to it and state that I've traced a strangeness down that perhaps will ring a bell with the AVS faithful who could then kindly shove me in the right direction.

Under power (aka plugged in) the fuse (F901 on the schematic) has a reading of exactly 0 volts. Fair enough, maybe its the fuse... but nah, fuse checked out good. Here is where I'm stuck...

If I unplug the transformer feeding the main board (CN91 on the schematic), 120V to the fuse at that point... is this just a case of a broken transformer? Any chatter about the situation is greatly appreciated, sometimes bouncing ideas around is what it takes to resolve it =)

Thanks,

X/BillyD

Edit: Threw up a schematic of the area in question for those playing along at home.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Billy,

Did you ever resolve this issue. I had the same thing happen to me on my HK 354. In my case it happened after I tried upgrading my firmware but couldn't connect my pc to my receiver. After I disconnected my serial cable my receiver is stuck in standby mode.sigh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts