AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow...go outside and build a swingset all day and come back and and voila...the thread has magically vanished...again!
I was really looking forward to the impressions of the few lucky dawgs who were able to snag a pair (or more) of the Sierras before the weekend. I've got my pair on order and I'm eager to hear what other folks think...build quality...aesthetics...and of course, performance. I'm putting these in a 2-channel system in our office, where I had originally intended to put a pair of Paradigm Studio 20's, which will serve 2-channel duty elsewhere.

What's up with the hairy Houdini threads?

J.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm VERY interested in these speakers for myself and am looking forward to more pics and impressions from the first people to get these.....So I'm bumping this up.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg /forum/post/0

I'm VERY interested in these speakers for myself and am looking forward to more pics and impressions from the first people to get these.....So I'm bumping this up.

I'm quite unlikely to order a pair as I'm not in the market for something like this, but still I'm very interested in reading opinions on the speaker. For the life of me I can't see why these threads keep getting closed - it's getting a little ridiculous when people can't even discuss a new speaker!

Bill

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. However, there must have been some ruckus late morning/early afternoon today that I missed that got the other thread shut down. Apparently people are pretty passionate about the brand of speaker they own. Personally, this will be my first pair of Ascends and my first pair of ID brand speakers. Additionally, it will be my first pair of "sound unheard" speakers that I haven't first auditioned. I've been pretty loyal to Paradigm and have found their various lines of speakers a good fit at various price points depending on my use, but I'm looking for something different for a 2-channel setup and I'm hoping that the Ascends will do the trick.

Hoping for opinions and feedback from owners/auditioners...

J.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:

Russ....you are welcome to come over for a listen. Better yet, I am willing to bring my pair to you. I was actually just in your neck of the woods visiting my Parents.

Jason, I am willing to put these speakers up against any other bookshelf.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang /forum/post/0

Well, without getting all "cage match" on me (
), how about some impressions first. I caught your few pics amid the dancing travesty going on in your house (on the tv fortunately). How do you like the cabinets and the build quality? How do you think they'll fare in a 2-channel no-sub setup? Do you think that they have a recognizable "sound" or "voice" that is characteristic to Ascend speakers, and if so, how would you describe it?

Leave it to the teacher to assign an essay....just kidding Curtis (and others). I'm just very happily looking for impressions and thoughts. I'm a first-time Ascend to-be-owner and I'm just looking for something to nosh on while I wait for a tracking number!

Thanks guys,

J.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting that they "slowly" revealed it over the period of just a few short days only to have it available and in owners' hands by week end. Well timed for those of us chomping at the bit for a pair!
Well done...I consider myself enticed.

J.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just figuring that the original threads had been hijacked and thwarted by the hijinks, shenanigans, and tomfoolery that seem to typically swarm the ID speaker brands.

J.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

Quote:

Russ....you are welcome to come over for a listen. Better yet, I am willing to bring my pair to you. I was actually just in your neck of the woods visiting my Parents.

Curtis... you should start an "unofficial official" owners thread... those seem to stay stuck...

All the best...

mls

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:

Thanks Curtis...I Have some vacation time coming up in about a month and will get to spend more than just a few days at home (finally), I will keep the offer in mind. My job with the airlines is keeping me in Chicago till then.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter /forum/post/0

Curtis... you should start an "unofficial official" owners thread... those seem to stay stuck...

All the best...

mls

Mark...from my understanding, it basically takes one person to complain, and it gets shutdown.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:

Thanks Curtis...I Have some vacation time coming up in about a month and will get to spend more than just a few days at home (finally), I will keep the offer in mind. My job with the airlines is keeping me in Chicago till then.

Oh wow! Then who is minding your speakers??

Just let me know when you have time.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

Quote:
For the life of me I can't see why these threads keep getting closed

I got the impression that the "semi"-free adver-hype of these was causing some to examine the fact that even newbies might find this a little blatent and this might be shining the light of day onto the stealth marketing plan.

I suspect that now that they are shipping and people can claim to have actually listened to them that owners threads can be started and these threads may appear to be less like an ad campaign. This is just an opinion though.

Of course it brings up the question (again) of which prefered advertisers/manufacturers (known and unknown) can get away with this and for how long...I suspect that there is some "unwritten" policy, but maybe not.

·
Registered
856 Posts

Quote:

Mark...from my understanding, it basically takes one person to complain, and it gets shutdown.

why say this if its true? so some jack ass knows that he can just complain about a thread and it will be deleted? Thats all we need...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:

Oh wow! Then who is minding your speakers??

I'm single with no kids, my place has pretty much become a 2nd home for United's Flight Attendants who lay over in LA. Much better than the crew hotel. There's always somebody home. Just not me

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:

I'm single with no kids, my place has pretty much become a 2nd home for United's Flight Attendants who lay over in LA. Much better than the crew hotel. There's always somebody home. Just not me

Can I get the address?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.