AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://blu-news.com/index.php/2010/0...on-this-march/

Quote:
Blu-news.com has learned that Paramount plans to re-release The Italian Job (2003) Blu-ray release on March 23rd. The movie will get an all new 1080p AVC/MPEG-4 video presentation with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. We have your first look at cover art below!

Bonus Features include:

Pedal to the Metal: The Making of The Italian Job

Putting the Words on the Page for The Italian Job

The Italian Job - Driving School

The Mighty Minis of The Italian Job

High Octane: Stunts from The Italian Job

Deleted Scenes

Theatrical Trailer HD

Easter Egg - Gag Reel

Hopefully they do a great job. I really enjoyed this movie.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have this on HD-DVD and never thought it looked all that great. Wonder if there will be a notable improvement.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I have this on BD already and it's not worth a repurchase. It's a decent movie but not worth it. I'll stick with my current release.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Holy random. No Untouchables? No Black Rain?

The Italian Job?!?

Just totally unexpected.

·
Registered
455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke /forum/post/18170171

Being released to tie-in with The Brazilian Job?

Not unless they plan to greenlight, shoot, edit and release The Brazilian Job within the next thirty days

·
Registered
979 Posts
Good. After IJ Paramount should take care of Sleepy Hollow. The recent Blu-ray looks horrible.

EDIT: And they should take care of the Tomb Raider movies too.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathbone /forum/post/18173283

Good. After IJ Paramount should take care of Sleepy Hollow. The recent Blu-ray looks horrible.

EDIT: And they should take care of the Tomb Raider movies too.

Agreed.

If they do, I'll buy (I passed on the first release).

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Still waiting for Tomb Raider 2! Far superior to the original. People shoot guns and actually get shot! Sorry the A-Team effect of Tomb Raider 1 got annoying.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've held off on a number of Paramount titles, including ITALIAN JOB, hoping for better transfers - and it looks like somebody over there is finally getting the message that they need to do a better job with their catalog releases. TOP GUN, as good as it sounds, is still my biggest Paramount disappointment in the PQ department -- fully expect a remaster on that one, with the DNR knob dialed-back just a tad.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa /forum/post/18171656

remastering charlize theron is always a good idea.

+1!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'm actually glad to read this. I had that HD DVD of ITALIAN JOB and the picture was horrid and the sound lossy. This along with Face/Off are my two biggest Paramount HD disappointments. Hopefully Paramount will release Face/Off with a properly remastered video AND a lossless audio track.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Yah the HD DVD of this one is pretty lousy. I think I got it as one of my free discs from one of the promotions.

I would purchase a properly remastered Face Off.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts