AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 895 Posts

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Naughty Dog's latest high profile title is called The Last of Us. It came out in Spring 2013 for the PS3, and is being remastered for a release soon on the PS4.

Quote:
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hope this is as good as the teaser makes it out to be and isn't just another zombie slasher/shooter

·
Registered
7,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blekk /forum/post/21312242

I hope this is as good as the teaser makes it out to be and isn't just another zombie slasher/shooter

I hope it's a lot better than those teasers made it out to be.

But yeah, please be something more than just a zombie shooter.

-Suntan

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp /forum/post/21313251

I liked the one with the guy talking about how the world was, but that one with the ant just made no sense.

It's RE4 all over again.

The Ant is infected with Ophiocordyceps unilateralis , so yeah, pretty much zombies of some type. Maybe an alien infection.

Being Japanese, there will also be some sort of protagonist that mystically can control them.

Pass unless its a US or Euro Dev.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting a "It Came From the Desert" vibe myself. Any Cinemaware fans?

·
Registered
7,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/21313323

Being Japanese, there will also be some sort of protagonist that mystically can control them.

Yes, but will said protagonist be wearing hot pants and thigh high stockings? Because every game player knows that if a Japanese person is going to go out and survive/protect the world, they're going to be wearing hot pants...

-Suntan

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan /forum/post/21313801

Yes, but will said protagonist be wearing hot pants and thigh high stockings? Because every game player knows that if a Japanese person is going to go out and survive/protect the world, they're going to be wearing hot pants...

-Suntan

I prefer the tube top / mini skirt myself:

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Um, isn't this just a sequel to the extremely lackluster PSN game The Last Guy?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Based on Geoff Keighley's comments here , it doesn't sound like a sequel to The Last Guy. I certainly don't expect it to be mind-blowing, but it should still be more interesting than that PSN title.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle /forum/post/21315616

Based on Geoff Keighley's comments here , it doesn't sound like a sequel to The Last Guy. I certainly don't expect it to be mind-blowing, but it should still be more interesting than that PSN title.

People have been jumping to conclusions that these two separate announcements have anything to do with one another. Geoff Keighley's been teasing a big Sony reveal for a week or two. And this announcement about The Last of Us came a few days ago. But neither one has acknowledged the other.

I'm going to continue playing the cynic and assume Keighley is referring to something else.

EDIT: Nvm. Looks like the resourceful folks at GAF may have tied the video assets to SCEA. Could be coming from the God of War team. They had possibly been working on a Move-based horror title tentatively called "Until Dawn." This could very well be the outcome. Still a lot of "coulds" and "possiblys," but regardless: cool beans.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The GAF thread is pretty crazy. General consensus over there is something by Sony Santa Monica. Guess it's just as logical as anything else.

These super hyped announcements usually end up being less than exciting so grain of salt people.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Crazy, I wonder how far along it is. Assuming they have the UC engine and tons of content from three UC games, maybe this could be a early 2013 game?

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dog /forum/post/0

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

From Twitter:
Quote:
Neil_Druckmann Neil Druckmann

#thelastofus of is Naughty Dog's 4th franchise and the game I've been working on for the last two years.

So the premise is basically what Enslaved promised to be, but utterly and horribly failed to live up to. Plus, this game looks to do it's strengths even better: animation and VA. Not too keen on Nolan North back, hopefully he takes the character in a different direction than Nathan.

Anyways, my interest is back on for this since it freaking Naughty Dog. Hopefully it errs more on the side of survival horror (Deadspace) and less Uncharted/RE.

I was expecting it to be some EU or JP developer since the lid had been on so tight for it. Crazy it's been in development for a while with ND's second team and no one knew!

Also means Sony Santa Monica has something up it's sleeve still!

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
So basically "the road" meets "I am legend", developed by naughty dog.

I'm in.

1 - 20 of 895 Posts