AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest issue of the HDTVinsider Newsletter will be going out today.

Issue 12 is titled Back to Basics: Buying an HDTV. In it you will learn valuable tips on how to evaluate HDTV sets in the dealers showrooms. I have also included an easy reference chart that lists the dimensions of every 16x9 screen size from 24"-120" . I have listed the optimal viewing distance for each screen size as well as the 4 :3 screen size equivalent. This is the first chart of its kind.

If you have not yet subscribed to my newsletter, you still can for the low price of free by going to www.hdtvinsider.com

·
Registered
547 Posts
Say Gary , ole buddy ole pal,

You wouldn't happen to have any inside information on HD programming from Dish or Directv, would ya , huh, would ya for your ole pal and fellow New Yorker...

Bill G

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mycomik:
I have signed up twice for that newsletter, but have never seen it.

Go figure. No longer interested.
Well, Gary seems to have the inside track on some information. If this does not appeal to you, then you may not miss out on anything. Several folks had to sign up more than once. I know the price of the of the subscription is Right!!!

------------------

Wendell

Technical Services Supervisor

MAETV

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it will go out on Tuesday do to circumstances beyond my control.

mycomik,

I wanted to look up your subscription information to straighten it out, but you don't list your e-mail address in your profile.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trustno1:
Hi Gary, I look forward to your next issue. Is there anyplace to get or read your back issues?
Me, too, Gary. Thanks for all your hard work!

------------------

John Hancock

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Gary -

I'd also be interested in a back issue mailing. I've signed up multiple times. Sometimes I get two but I think there are also some I've missed. No obvious pattern.

You might even consider putting an archive on the web after they are no longer breaking news.

- Tom

------------------

This sentience has tree errors.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Gary,

I notice on you web site that you don't post a privacy statement, if I may ask, if I sign up what do you do with my personal information? i.e. my name, mailing address and e-mail, do you sell it, give it to magazines that you write for, etc. Please don't think I'm saying you are doing something dishonest, far from it but without some type of privacy statement on your web site I really have no idea how the information I provide you is going to be used. You do provide valuable information in you newsletter, and I would like to sign up, this is why I ask.

Jim

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The newsletter will be going out to old subscribers on Wed. due to circumstances beyond my control.

I get 200 new subscribers a day that do not have any problems. Sorry, I do not know why you are having a problem.

[This message has been edited by Gary Merson (edited 04-03-2001).]

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It has been suggested that I make the hdtvinsider newsletter a paid subscription and provide the back issues free to subscribers. In the meantime, you can still get the latest issue free by subscribing at www.hdtvinsider.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.