AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed it's made by the same guy that made Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.


Anybody seen this one yet ,and if so is it pretty funny as much as the last two movies i mentioned?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,031 Posts
I watched it over the weekend and enjoyed it very much. I've seen all three and I'd rank "The Layer Cake" below the other two, but I'm not saying it's a bad movie at all. I thought the other 2 movies were funnier. Still very much worth a rental. I do own the other two, but won't be buying this until it turns up used at my local video store for $7, maybe not then either.


larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocHunter
I noticed it's made by the same guy that made Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
The producer of those two movies directed this one, if that's what you mean.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
The producer of those two movies directed this one, if that's what you mean.
That explains the similarity but falling short of the other two. And the absense of Guy Ritchie... :)


larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,717 Posts
Snatch is my favorite movie and no way does this movie "fall short" of it. It's not a gangster comedy like Snatch and Lock Stock, it's a lot more serious. I feel it's right up there with them as films. Would you say Casino sucks because it's not as funny as Meet the Parents?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothru22
Snatch is my favorite movie and no way does this movie "fall short" of it. It's not a gangster comedy like Snatch and Lock Stock, it's a lot more serious. I feel it's right up there with them as films. Would you say Casino sucks because it's not as funny as Meet the Parents?
Good for you. Funny or not, I still think it falls short of the other two.


larry
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
The producer of those two movies directed this one, if that's what you mean.
yes:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,771 Posts
It just arrived here via Netflix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,445 Posts
To me, it was more of the same as in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Kind of fun and then completely forgettable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero
To me, it was more of the same as in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Kind of fun and then completely forgettable.
I agree. Watched it last night. I'm so glad I didn't blind buy this one. I have no desire to see it again. Plus I thought the story editing was poorly done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,907 Posts
I enjoyed the film quite a bit. What makes it probably not stand up to repeated viewings is that the film is too much built around its central theme and take home message which is:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Crime doesn't pay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCrazy
I enjoyed the film quite a bit. What makes it probably not stand up to repeated viewings is that the film is too much built around its central theme and take home message which is:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Crime doesn't pay.
Oh contraire. That wasn't the message at all. it was:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Never piss on another man's posey's, and then ignore him. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,771 Posts
Not nearly as good as SNATCH or LOCK STOCK, but still worth a rent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,606 Posts
I don't want to give away the last line in the film but did anyone else notice this omitted detail before the film was over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Walstrom
Actually no, I didn't notice it till it was mentioned. Weird that I didn't notice too.
What line was that? It was a rental so I don't have it anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
I just rented this and I enjoyed it. I would like to rewatch it without the wife because then I can pay more attention to the dialog and less time answering questions like "What did he say?"


And what line is that you are referring too?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye7
I just rented this and I enjoyed it. I would like to rewatch it without the wife because then I can pay more attention to the dialog and less time answering questions like "What did he say?"


And what line is that you are referring too?
The last line of the film.

If you watch it again, post it here in spoiler tags.


larry
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top