AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
For your columns, did you cover that frame then just slide it into a box, like a male-female setup? If that makes sense....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
For your columns, did you cover that frame then just slide it into a box, like a male-female setup? If that makes sense....

I covered the frame with the GOM fabric I purchased. Then they are friction fitted into my column openings. They are pretty tight but I think I may add a little Velcro to be safe.

I hope that answers your question.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I covered the frame with the GOM fabric I purchased. Then they are friction fitted into my column openings. They are pretty tight but I think I may add a little Velcro to be safe.

I hope that answers your question.

It does thanks, friction fit is the phrase I was looking for. I'm planning something similar, so glad to know it's doable. I like your full length screen, so I might just do the same. Thanks for the great idea and visual.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
It does thanks, friction fit is the phrase I was looking for. I'm planning something similar, so glad to know it's doable. I like your full length screen, so I might just do the same. Thanks for the great idea and visual.

No problem. I'm glad I can help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I forgot to mention that I'm spray painting the frame of my column fronts flat black before I wrap them. I don't know if that's needed but I don't won't any unwanted colors to show.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
I did the same thing. While I wasn't sure it was necessary its definitely easier/quicker to put staples in than taking them out if you find out later you should have painted them :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Front Wall Sound Treatments

The last few days I worked on the sounds treatments for the front wall. I added two corner base traps. I cut furring strips to create a frame and levels for the base traps. I had leftover roofing felt so I used that with the furring strips to create the "floor" to ensure the owen corning insulation doesn't topple. I placed them every foot. I think covered it with speaker cloth I got from Joann fabrics. I finished the wall with acoustic foam and 3M spray adhessive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The front stage looks fantastic, great job. Have you been able to do any testing at all to see if there's a difference with the new bass trap and front foam panels?
I have listened to it and it sounds great. Not really echoing like it did before. I'm not an audiophile but can certainly hear the difference. This is all before using audyssey or calibration. I'm sure it would sound better once I do that and get the chairs and other stuff in the room.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I built my screen over the last few days. I went with the 160" screen. It turned out great. I stapled it to the back edge and get a zero edge screen. Instead of doing a French cleat, I bought some heavy duty Z clips. They did the job. Next I need to build the side panels.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
What is the distance for eyes to screen in you front row? I would love to do 160" screen, but finding a bright enough 4K projector may be expensive. What are you using?

61 - 80 of 103 Posts