AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is listed as being in HD. I am getting 5.1 audio, but no HD video...just 4:3 SD. Anyone else?

UPDATE:

I called our local affiliate and they have no clue. They said they are looking into it. They said that the movie may not be in HD. I doubt that since I am still getting the 5.1 audio.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
The affiliate showed the original JP just before it, and it was SD also. FOX.com doesn't seem to denote whether its shows are hi-def or not. Titan has it as HD.....I shouldn't be too mad, as it is typical of FOX to disappoint.

I only have OTA access to their signal and being that it's very windy today, there's lot of blocking & tiling.

edit: we have the same affiliate....

·
Registered
3,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/14186154

The affiliate showed the original JP just before it, and it was SD also.

Just an FYI, the original JP is in a syndicated movie package from Universal, and airing on various stations this month. It was sent out on analog composite C-Band satellite, so it is about as far from HD as possible.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorwin /forum/post/14186094

This is listed as being in HD. I am getting 5.1 audio, but no HD video...just 4:3 SD. Anyone else?

UPDATE:

I called our local affiliate and they have no clue. They said they are looking into it. They said that the movie may not be in HD. I doubt that since I am still getting the 5.1 audio.

The presence or lack of 5.1 audio doesn't tell you if the program is HD or SD. It works well with both and in this case it is SD upconverted to HD.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
4:3 in SoCal ota, as well. The whole time, I wondered- all this hubub about switching to hd broadcast and such...all so we can be shown pan'n'scan movies?! [claps slowly] Well done, Fox and Universal, well done!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Maaaan Daddy Day Care on SD? why? they are airing it in HD in Mexico? so Mexico wins again? LOL.. FOX needs a few lessons.. (BTW Fox was the last president's last name).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts