Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie's Angels.

The whole movie is dominated by the color red. Or rather, on the lt150, the color orange.

Until last night, I had not seen the deficiency of dlp in the color department as compared to lcd. Well, I saw it last night.

Time to start tweaking and see what I can do to improve it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Try watching a black and white movie on your 150. It will have more color than you want. :)

I actually watched "Pi" (FWIW we liked it). It's black and white. I see rainbows normally, but they never bothered me until this. I also had some friends over who all noticed without prompting.

I still love the little 150 though.

jeff

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I'm not sure the B&W thing is a fair issue, since my Sony 27 inch XBR is in rainbow heaven with B&W movies. It's at it's worst when trying to display dots or heringbone patterns.

Jon

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
after 50 hrs burned on the bulb, i've finally started watching movies in their entirety....with sound, no less!

the second movie i watched was Carnival of Souls, and guess what? for a black and white movie with plenty of blacks and areas of bright whites, i found this movie to be more rainbow lite than some color films i've seen.

periodically thru the movie i would be scratching my head wondering why this wasn't a torture test.

the other disc that has pleasnatly surprised me so far is the '76 King Kong (yes, i know its a bad movie, but it still has some good things going for it- Jeff Bridges, John Barrys score...).

This is an atrocious mastering. even on my 32" direct view i thought the disc looked like crap...pixelated, grainy, noisy.

well, i was frequently stunned last night, because this movie could look great at times and was never less than watchable.

it's still not a great disc, and the sound really bites, but it's not the 'throwaway' i'd feared now that i have an fp.

i enjoyed watching this movie again a GREAT deal, i haven't seen it like this since i was a little kid...what a kick! and after all, thats what really counts.

the second half of the double bill was MEMENTO and since this was the first time i've seen it i was utterly engrossed.

This disc looks incredible!

the Blue of Guy Pearces shirt...wow.

again the B&W segments had a few rainbows, but other than that the pic was velvet on my eyes.

BTW, my reds don't seem too bad, hue wise. Superman certainly has some red looking reds, the only problem i see is the upsampling error with the 5109.

[This message has been edited by ckolchak (edited 09-09-2001).]

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Jeff,

I thought that "Pi" was a great little sleeper movie myself! A real thinker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.