1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Wicked!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
From 36 Chambers to this. RZA is a supremely talented man (same goes for Eli Roth and Tarantino, of course). Wow, this movie looks friggin crazy!!! I can't wait.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Test audience reactions were not good. it is still being worked on.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AICN The Kidd here...

If you've been wondering how soon you'll be able to check out all the kung fu asskickery contained in THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS, you can finally pencil your viewing in for November 2. That's when Universal Pictures has announced RZA's feature film directorial debut, starring Russell Crowe, Cung Le and Lucy Liu, will hit theatres, as it heads up against the likes of Robert Zemeckis' FLIGHT and Disney's WRECK-IT RALPH.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Saw the trailer over the weekend in NYC and it played very well for the crowd. I have no idea how the MPAA allowed the eye popping out of socket shot into the trailer though. It was not a red band trailer.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Released today. Since I'm an old school kung-fu theater fan, this one was a must-buy. Showtime in 10.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know how it goes, hope you enjoy it. A friend of mine said it was not good at all. Just hope it some redeeming points.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well, it all depends on your expectations going in. I knew that Rza was paying homage to the kung fu movies of old, so much of what we see is done intentionally; imperfections and all. Personally, I loved it. Fun story, great effects, solid soundtrack and a sonic experience that ranks among the best I've heard. By the looks of things, you can expect a sequel in the future.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's awesome thanks. I think my friend was expecting too much, this just looks too fun as long as you don't do the comparison to Shaw Bros films or Shaolin Temple stuff.

How would you compare this this to KB Vol 1 as this is prob the most in common.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I also love the Kill Bill series and there are certainly some similarities. I would say that Kill Bill has a better, perhaps more cohesive story while TMWTIF takes on your traditional kung fu storyline and executes it with modern effects. Iron Fists was certainly more dynamic and would be considered more of a popcorn action flick while Kill Bill is one that you can sit down and enjoy in a relaxing atmosphere.

So, I guess what my thoughts are is that they are both good in their own way. Kill Bill is the better movie, while TMWTIF is simply more fun.

Check it out and post your impressions.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Anyone have a heads up on a good price for the BD?

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloCreed  /t/1417971/the-man-with-the-iron-fi...ung-lucy-liu-and-pam-grier/0_60#post_22959850

Got mine for $23 at Target. I believe Amazon has it for the same price.
I'm holding out for

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I enjoyed this at the theater but my two friends, not knowing what to expect, were left dissapointed. I had a preconceived notion of how this film would be "told" and the style it would be shown in (over the top fun). Though I will say that even though it was fun, I doubt I will buy the blu ray.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1417971/the-man-with-the-iron-fi...ng-lucy-liu-and-pam-grier/0_100#post_22960000

I'm holding out for
Ebay...surely you have account with them I would assume.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Why would Tarantino lend his name to this disaster?

Other than the PQ, this is a waste of talents. Russel Crowe must be handsomely paid but he looked obese.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good Lord this maybe the dumbest, worst acting movie I've seen in all my life. It is so bad I don't know where to start with this gigantic big pile of trash. What I really don't know is how this Rza guy was able to convince some big names like Crowe to join his nauseating project, I'll give him some credit for pulling that off.

This movie should be used by film schools all over the world as the role model for what NOT to do with your movie project. Just god ridden hideous writing, acting, and plot. The majority of acting you see on TV commercials are all Oscar winners compared to this ok. The positive thing I see is that hopefully now this will scare off most studios in letting a rapper the reigns to your movie and let him direct and produce it. This is what happens kids.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Yes, this was unwatchable. Just BAD BAD BAD. And Crowe looked like a cow. He must have put on 75 pounds after Robin Hood.

RZA cannot act. He cannot even narrate. It was embarrassing.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1417971/the-man-with-the-iron-fi...ung-lucy-liu-and-pam-grier/0_60#post_23083593

Good Lord this maybe the dumbest, worst acting movie I've seen in all my life. It is so bad I don't know where to start with this gigantic big pile of trash. What I really don't know is how this Rza guy was able to convince some big names like Crowe to join his nauseating project, I'll give him some credit for pulling that off.

This movie should be used by film schools all over the world as the role model for what NOT to do with your movie project. Just god ridden hideous writing, acting, and plot. The majority of acting you see on TV commercials are all Oscar winners compared to this ok. The positive thing I see is that hopefully now this will scare off most studios in letting a rapper the reigns to your movie and let him direct and produce it. This is what happens kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens  /t/1417971/the-man-with-the-iron-fi...ung-lucy-liu-and-pam-grier/0_60#post_23083821

Yes, this was unwatchable. Just BAD BAD BAD. And Crowe looked like a cow. He must have put on 75 pounds after Robin Hood.

RZA cannot act. He cannot even narrate. It was embarrassing.
Maybe I should just rent first....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts