AVS Forum banner

801 - 820 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #801
And should have won, finally. He's been incredible in that role for 8 years now. It's preposterous he hasn't won yet. Gus Fring is one of television's all time most iconic, complex, and enduring villains.

It's why I stopped watching or caring about the Emmys years ago. This sort of artistic injustice just drives me nuts.
I actually think Jonathan Banks has a better case...he's been nominated 5 times (Best Supporting Actor) for Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul and has never won

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
I actually think Jonathan Banks has a better case...he's been nominated 5 times (Best Supporting Actor) for Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul and has never won
Yah, he's been stellar too. They both have. Maybe that's one of the reasons why neither has won. Tough to pick one over the other. Actor fratricide. 😉

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Giancarlo Esposito was not nominated for Mandalorian...he was nominated as Best Supporting Actor in a Drama for Better Call Saul
Not that it matters ::

Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
And should have won, finally. He's been incredible in that role for 8 years now. It's preposterous he hasn't won yet. Gus Fring is one of television's all time most iconic, complex, and enduring villains.

It's why I stopped watching or caring about the Emmys years ago. This sort of artistic injustice just drives me nuts.
Maybe they hold 'Revolution' against him .. personally, I liked it ..

Reactions: blade005

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Maybe they hold 'Revolution' against him .. personally, I liked it ..
LOL. He did play a 'bad guy' in that as well. Esposito being evil as only he can, Tracy Spiridakos in a belly shirt for 2 seasons, Elizabeth Mitchell and sword fights!! What's not to like?? :whistle:

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
LOL. He did play a 'bad guy' in that as well. Esposito being evil as only he can, Tracy Spiridakos in a belly shirt for 2 seasons, Elizabeth Mitchell and sword fights!! What's not to like?? :whistle:
I liked the show .. but, then again, I'll take about any Sci Fi they want to dish out .. hell, I even liked the 'V' reboot .. then again, an hour a week of Morena Baccarin doing laundry and I'd probably tune in ..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I liked the show .. but, then again, I'll take about any Sci Fi they want to dish out .. hell, I even liked the 'V' reboot .. then again, an hour a week of Morena Baccarin doing laundry and I'd probably tune in ..
I agree on both. I realized early on what Revolution would and would not be and chose to just enjoy the ride. More Morena Baccarin is never a bad thing. Include Laura Vandervoort and Elizabeth Mitchell and I didn't look away from 'V' reboot. I pretty much hate watched Gotham because Morena was in it. :D

Reactions: mgkdragn

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I agree on both. I realized early on what Revolution would and would not be and chose to just enjoy the ride. More Morena Baccarin is never a bad thing. Include Laura Vandervoort and Elizabeth Mitchell and I didn't look away from 'V' reboot. I pretty much hate watched Gotham because Morena was in it. :D
Morena in 'Serenity' pretty much set the hook for me ..

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #810 (Edited)
a crappy show is a crappy show...a crappy show on network TV is a whole 'nother level of crappy...even a hottie actress is not worth it...outside of sports, network TV is pretty awful...I've always looked at network TV as TV for the low IQ gen...the people that can't afford $10 a month for a streaming service, well...

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
This is the way

Reactions: rflor and BGLeduc

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
a crappy show is a crappy show...a crappy show on network TV is a whole 'nother level of crappy...even a hottie actress is not worth it...outside of sports, network TV is pretty awful...people that can't afford Netflix, Amazon etc for streaming need to find better jobs...
To each his/her own. You can enjoy another fantasy sports win. I'll be fine with Morena on whatever distribution channel she appears on. :p

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Speaking of Esposito, he said in a recent People interview, "So I think this show is going to lay the ground work for the depth and breadth that’s gonna come in season 3 and season 4, where you’re really gonna start to get answers."

That may be the first official mention of a fourth season. Doomcock had said in a previous video that his sources were telling him that seasons three and four were going to be filmed simultaneously, so there may actually be some truth to that rumor.

Regardless, I'm taking it as a good sign that they're actually fleshing out the story, and not just making it up episode to episode.

In the interview, he also says, “The next season of The Mandalorian is going to be very interesting because you’re going to start to find out the power of The Child, what The Child really means. You will also start to uncover the origins of the Darksaber that Moff Gideon has and how that plays into previous Star Wars history connected to The Clone Wars and other shows. And you’ll start to get a real dramatic sense of the territory. We’re living in a universe that’s huge, and there’s so much to explore."

Scott

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #814
Speaking of Esposito, he said in a recent People interview, "So I think this show is going to lay the ground work for the depth and breadth that’s gonna come in season 3 and season 4, where you’re really gonna start to get answers."
I love it when a plan comes together- John 'Hannibal' Smith, the A-Team

hopefully they continue to provide answers while asking more questions...a long term plan is good but you also need to give viewers some bread crumbs

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Season 2 hasn't dropped yet and I am already hoping / looking forward to another DISNEY GALLERY: THE MANDALORIAN documentary series with Favreau, Filoni and the round table. :)

Reactions: srw1000

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Season 2 hasn't dropped yet and I am already hoping / looking forward to another DISNEY GALLERY: THE MANDALORIAN documentary series with Favre, Filoni and the round table. :)
I had heard he was trying to get into film making since he retired from football. 😉

Reactions: blade005

·
Premium Member
9,202 Posts
I've always looked at network TV as TV for the low IQ gen...
I certainly do not have a low IQ and there are plenty of network shows that I like.
the people that can't afford $10 a month for a streaming service, well...
I refuse to pay for streaming. I don't pay for cable or DBS either. Also, it would cost more than $10 a month for all of the streaming services needed to get all of the desired shows.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #818
I refuse to pay for streaming. I don't pay for cable or DBS either. Also, it would cost more than $10 a month for all of the streaming services needed to get all of the desired shows.
you don't have to pay for every streaming service every month...you can rotate based on which shows you want to watch...so for example pay $14 for Netflix one month, the next month cancel Netflix and pay for Disney+ etc

·
Premium Member
9,202 Posts
you don't have to pay for every streaming service every month...you can rotate based on which shows you want to watch...so for example pay $14 for Netflix one month, the next month cancel Netflix and pay for Disney+ etc
Man, what a PITA. To each their own.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
The Mandalorian Seasons 3 and 4 Will 'Really' Deliver Answers, Says Giancarlo Esposito Ahead of Season 2
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Have patience, you must.

Ahead of The Mandalorian‘s awaited Season 2 premiere (Friday, Oct. 30 on Disney+), the enigmatic Moff Gideon’s portrayer recently teased the laying of much “groundwork,” followed by the delivery of big “answers” in Seasons 3 and 4. (Though rumors of the live-action Star Wars series’ unofficial Season 3 pickup began swirling in the spring, there has been nary a peep about a fourth season, presumed as it may be.)

Speaking with People.com earlier this week (on Emmy Night, to be exact), Giancarlo Esposito — who was nominated both for Guest Actor in a Drama (for Mandalorian) and Supporting Actor in a Drama (for Better Call Saul) — said that Season 2 “is very interesting because we start to find out the power of The Child…. You will also start to uncover the origins of the Darksaber that Moff Gideon has, and how that plays into previous Star Wars history connected to The Clone Wars and other shows. And you’ll start to get a real dramatic sense of the territory.”

To recap, Gideon’s surprising possession of the Darksaber was revealed at the very close of Season 1, as he used it to “saw” himself out of his downed TIE Fighter.

Esposito then went on to talk about the third and fourth seasons, and the even bigger payoffs they are poised to bring.

“We’re living in a universe that is just huge and there’s so much to explore,” he noted, “so I think this show is going to lay the groundwork for the depth and breadth that’s gonna come in Season 3 and Season 4, where you’re really gonna start to get answers.”

801 - 820 of 854 Posts