AVS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1452 Posts

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
The Mandalorian is the most pirated TV show of 2020

When Game of Thrones ended, so too did its yearly reign as the most pirated television series. This year, Disney+'s The Mandalorian has officially usurped the title, according to TorrentFreak.

Previously the third most downloaded show in 2019, it took the No. 1 spot this year with Amazon's The Boys in second and HBO's Westworld in third. Given that each series is from a different network, paying for multiple streaming subscriptions wasn't in the cards for some fans.

Following the top three were Amazon's Vikings, CBS' Star Trek: Picard, Adult Swim's Rick and Morty, AMC's The Walking Dead, HBO's The Outsider, CW's Arrow, and CW's The Flash. While the TorrentFreak survey only accounts for BitTorrent traffic, the list does reflect some of the biggest titles of the year.

The Mandalorian recently concluded its second season with a finale teasing spin-off series The Book of Boba Fett for December 2021, which is also when the former is supposed to return on Disney+. The news comes after an Ahsoka Tano spin-off series was already announced.

Mandalorian showrunner Jon Favreau previously told EW that the series took inspiration from Game of Throws in the way its core characters are introduced together before setting off into their own distinct storylines.

For the several years that it dominated the top torrented series list, GoT was so popular that it visibly boosted traffic on pirate sites, according to TorrentFreak. So we'll have to see if The Mandalorian will rise to the same level of cultural phenomenon, while sticking the landing with its series finale.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Poe and Mando! Star Wars' Pedro Pascal and Oscar Isaac ring in the new year together

"2020 #ByeB****," Pedro Pascal commented on Elvira Lind's playful post

This is the way — into 2021!

Star Wars' Oscar Isaac and Pedro Pascal said goodbye to 2020 together on Thursday night, celebrating New Year's Eve in a playful photo shared by Isaac's wife, filmmaker Elvira Lind.

Pascal, who plays the title character on the hit Disney+ space Western The Mandalorian, has one arm slung around the shoulders of Isaac (Poe Dameron in the most recent film trilogy) for the photo, wearing a pointy silver party hat positioned lopsidedly atop his head.

As Isaac, 41, gazes open-mouthed up at Pascal, 45, the latter looks straight into the camera, tipping a bottle of beer back with his free hand.

"BEEEEYYYYY 2020👋🏼 — we're done with ya," Lind captioned the fun post, on which Pascal hilariously replied, "2020 #ByeB****."

Pascal also shared images to his Instagram while spending time with his sister Javiera Balmaceda and nephews, writing alongside a snapshot of himself with Balmaceda, "All we need is ❤. Nada mas. Feliz año babies 😘."

Pascal opened up to PEOPLE in November about The Mandalorian, whose second season recently went out with a bang. The finale saw the surprise return of a CGI version of Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker, who swooped in to rescue Mando and Grogu/The Child (better known as Baby Yoda).

The Chilean-American actor revealed he was "immediately convinced" to make the series after seeing an illustration of the adorable green alien — in fact, he was so smitten upon first meeting Grogu that he admitted to "cooing a little bit" on set.

"I'd then have conversations in the same way that we did when we were kids with our own little toys," Pascal said. "It has everything to do with the amount of work that these people have put into it, because it's a very, very special creation, and it feels as such when you see it in person."

Having last appeared in the blockbuster franchise as daredevil pilot Poe Dameron in 2019's Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker, Isaac talked about his time with the movies during a June panel with Deadline and joked that he'd need a very special reason to return.

"I enjoyed the challenge of those films and working with a very large group of incredible artists and actors, prop makers, set designers, and all that was really fun," said the actor and dad, who shares two children with Lind: a 15-month-old son and his big brother Eugene, 3½.

But would he ever return to the Star Wars universe?

"Probably, but who knows. If I need another house or something," Isaac joked.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Season 2 was really good. I like how they continue to refer some things back to the original trilogy and some hints to the prequels.

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Such sights to show you, I have. 😁

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
‘The Office’ Takes Victory Lap, ‘The Mandalorian’ Surges In Nielsen Streaming Ranks

While Netflix once again dominated the chart, Disney’s The Mandalorian surged to the No. 2 spot as the next-to-last episode of its second season hit Disney+. The show’s finish was its best to date, with about 1 million minutes of total viewing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
‘The Office’ Takes Victory Lap, ‘The Mandalorian’ Surges In Nielsen Streaming Ranks

While Netflix once again dominated the chart, Disney’s The Mandalorian surged to the No. 2 spot as the next-to-last episode of its second season hit Disney+. The show’s finish was its best to date, with about 1 million minutes of total viewing.

1 million minutes doesn't sound right. If the show was 33 minutes long, that means only about 30,000 households watched it all the way through. Disney+ has something like 90 million subscribers . . .

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
New video from Doomcock, filled with details from a new rumor. Spoilers for The Mandalorian and all the Star Wars Disney+ shows, if true:
Sounds like a bunch of made-up fanboy wish fulfilment BS to me.

Reactions: aaronwt and BGLeduc

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of made-up fanboy wish fulfilment BS to me.
That's certainly a valid concern, hence why it should only be treated as a rumor.

What's interesting is that a named Hollywood writer/director/producer (Kamran Pasha) gave him some of the information from one of his friends with Lucasfilm connections. Could the Hollywood producer lying? Could his friend be lying or making things up? Of course, to both counts.

It's just something fun to think about while we wait for confirmed news on the upcoming season and new shows.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Has this weirdo ever been right about anything.
Weirdo!?!?!?!? o_O Be careful, you're talking about the future Ruler of Earth! ;) :ROFLMAO:

I haven't been following him for the that long, but he did have rumors for The Rise of Skywalker that were spot on. Then again, there were tons of accurate leaks about that movie long before it came out, so who knows where the information came from.

The videos are presented for entertainment and contain elements worth thinking about, please take them as such.

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
That's certainly a valid concern, hence why it should only be treated as a rumor.
The fact that he calls Luke Skywalker in the sequel movies "Luke Soywalker" tells me everything I need to know about how seriously to take this twit.

What's interesting is that a named Hollywood writer/director/producer (Kamran Pasha) gave him some of the information from one of his friends with Lucasfilm connections.
Let's break that down. Doomkook heard this rumor from a producer friend, who heard it from his friend, who heard it from his friends at Lucasfilm. Uh huh. Rock solid evidence there. :rolleyes:

Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The fact that he calls Luke Skywalker in the sequel movies "Luke Soywalker" tells me everything I need to know about how seriously to take this twit.
Fair point. He should have said "Jake Skywalker," but I'm willing to overlook it. ;)

Not really sure what that has to do with the content of the video, though.

Let's break that down. Doomkook heard this rumor from a producer friend, who heard it from his friend, who heard it from his friends at Lucasfilm. Uh huh. Rock solid evidence there. :rolleyes:
Close. Kamran Pasha got the text from his friend, who he says is connected at a very high level to Lucasfilm.

It's hearsay. But interesting hearsay. Treat it as such.

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
Close. Kamran Pasha got the text from his friend, who he says is connected at a very high level to Lucasfilm.
That's exactly what I said. Doomkook heard it from Pasha, who heard it from a friend, who allegedly heard it from other friends at Lucasfilm. Fourth-hand information.

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Reminds me of the mighty Speedwagon...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
That's exactly what I said. Doomkook heard it from Pasha, who heard it from a friend, who allegedly heard it from other friends at Lucasfilm. Fourth-hand information.
Oooooh, we're so close here. Pasha stated it himself (on one of Doomcock's live broadcasts). Pasha's friend's information may be direct or second-hand. So the rumor is either second-hand or third-hand information.

·
Registered
27,240 Posts
Oooooh, we're so close here. Pasha stated it himself (on one of Doomcock's live broadcasts). Pasha's friend's information may be direct or second-hand. So the rumor is either second-hand or third-hand information.
"Connected at a very high level" means "I have friends who work there." This is third-hand information at best, and most likely just an outright fabrication.

Despite the whining from misogynist fanboys who are deeply offended by the presence of girls in their precious Star Wars movies, the films Kennedy has overseen since taking the reins have grossed billions of dollars. She's only had one significant misstep - the Solo movie, which I think even she would acknowledge was a very troubled project. Yet we're to believe that everyone at Disney considers her an utter failure and can't wait to get rid of her.

I might believe that there's some friction behind-the-scenes between Favreau and Kennedy. That's not inconceivable. But the idea that Favreau plans to erase the sequel trilogy from canon to please the ranting morons on Reddit? No, that's just stupid. Zero chance of that ever happening.

Reactions: sdurani
1401 - 1420 of 1452 Posts