AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might or might not be old news in this forum but it is fresh to me.

I was talking to an old friend who works for Video Display Corporation ( VDC). He informed me that VDC has purchased

from Christie the manufacturing rights for the Marquee series. VDC has its own simulation integration group and will supply the projector for critical imaging applications.

It sounds like like the marquee will be around for years to come.

Regards,

Don

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

That's right! We will also have our choice of new or rebuilt CRTs to work with, when the need arises.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Yes, this is still good news. The Marquee is a projector that has been around for 8 to 9 years, and very little has changed in it's original design from the first one shipped from the factory back in the early nineties. Still being manufactured, has been rebadged and sold by others, modified (?) by some, the only projector that I know of that has withstood very rigorous 24/7 operations in such places as the pentagon and other high level multi-display environments (stability, reliability, performance, longevity, ease of repair, etc.) . For the past 5 years it was considered to be one of the best CRT projectors manufactured, now - VDC has just crowned the Marquee KING of CRT. No other CRT projector has been in so many high level installs (hometheater/industrial) to include being *THE* CRT projector of choice for 3D and high level "critical imaging applications." (the Apex of video presentation).

The ultimate goal for video presentation is: Simulation, that is the true "Life Like" test. ONLY CRT is capable of this. Why would I own any other technology...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That really is wonderful news. The Marquee is truly an industrial grade, mil spec workhorse and an outstanding performer.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Originally posted by mp20748

"critical imaging applications." (the Apex of video presentation).

Dear MP,

It is kind of funny how I now interpret the phrase "Critical Imaging Applications" compared to just a few years ago. The company I work for has been fortunate enough to be a major supplier for both the simulation industry and military Command and Control networks. (Cheyenne Mountain, The Pentagon and White House Situation Rooms, SAC, Boeing, Airbus, etc, etc.) In the past, screen improvements and developments from these projects and others would eventually trickle down into home theaters. An example of this is the Areoview 100 Rear projection screen. The Aeroview was developed for multichannel aircraft simulation. Hence... the name Aeroview.

But now, imo, the most scrutinized images are in home theater applications. Certainly this and other HT forums will attest to that. My point is that products that we originally developed for the home theater market are now trickling down and ending up in the simulation industry and are used other critical imaging applications. In a sense you guys are now leading the way in "critical imaging applications" Just food for thought here.

Regards,

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.