AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's confirmed: Tomorrows HDTV coverage on USA & CBS will begin at 2pm EST, and continue approximately 8pm EST, or dark.

Due to the schedule changes, it's again a good idea to make a polite call to your local CBS station, as indicated in the 'Hot Tip' topic, make them aware of the new schedule, and request they put the HDTV feed on the air at 2pm EST.

Due to the conflicting times, West coast CBS HDTV viewers will not see The Young & Restless in HDTV tomorrow.

·
Registered
339 Posts
For Twin City residents in Minnesota I rec'd an e-mail back from a very helpful lady at WCCO. She said they are scheduled for 1:00 - 5:30 coverage Friday, we'll see if they go past 5:30 if the CBS feed does.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Us West Coast viewers might see what we saw today, which was a garbled, part HD Masters image jumbled up with part of the soap opera that was on CBS analog at the time. Evidently the LA O&O was having problems separating the two for some reason, so the result was just jibberish with no audio. Hopefully they get it worked out by tomorrow for those who can get CBS OTA but don't have D* or Dish.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Due to the conflicting times, West coast CBS HDTV viewers will not see The Young & Restless in HDTV tomorrow.
Whaddya mean? With all the rain, Tiger, Sergio & co. will be plenty restless.

:D

Looking forward to the expanded coverage tomorrow - might not have to leave work so early.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by grantwolf
WRAL in Raleigh has confirmed a new schedule of 2-6:30...hopefully it'll stay on until the tourney is over for the day.
It will up to the individual CBS affiliates to decide how much to carry tomorrow, that's why I suggested the 'Hot Tip' program of calling the stations.

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Impala1ss
....I don't know about the weather but the USA network is showing it in analog and it is sunny.
The opening round of The Masters was postponed today, completely. Whatever USA has on now must be from years past.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I hope the little bit of coverage that they did have (people practicing etc.) is not a preview of the PQ. Most of the video on the course was 16:9 SD upconvert.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DRS
I hope the little bit of coverage that they did have (people practicing etc.) is not a preview of the PQ. Most of the video on the course was 16:9 SD upconvert.
I agree and it sent me into a panic!:eek:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
It's confirmed: Tomorrows HDTV coverage on USA & CBS will begin at 2pm EST, and continue approximately 8pm EST, or dark.
Ken, can we assume DirecTV is privy to the schedule change?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Originally posted by KenH

"Due to the conflicting times, West coast CBS HDTV viewers will not see The Young & The

Restless in HDTV tomorrow."

Those who miss an episode of 'The Young And The Restless' (aka 'Silicon Valleys') -- as well as those who do not -- can find a highly irreverent daily rundown and commentary at:

http://www.yrnews.com

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
For those of you talking about the 16:9 shots, it appears that most if not all of the handhelds (I think 10 of them) are 16:9, but will be SD.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Vidonic
For those of you talking about the 16:9 shots, it appears that most if not all of the handhelds (I think 10 of them) are 16:9, but will be SD.

from the original press release, "In the largest HDTV production ever, CBS Sports will utilize 42 high definition cameras and 10 hand-held 16x9 standard definition cameras."

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RichYak
Ken, can we assume DirecTV is privy to the schedule change?
Not sure, but I would hope so. Both ExpressVu & Star Choice are.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.