Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My wife and I just finished watching the first Matrix HD-DVD. To quote Neo, "woah!". It was amazing.

I have an A2 connected to an Onkyo 803 via HDMI. We listened to the TrueHD soundtrack, of course.

During the scene where Morpheus and Neo are doing the training program with the woman in the red dress, as Morpheus is describing to Neo about the agents, I noticed a crackly/fuzz sound coming from my front right speaker. It was only in this scene that I noticed it, and it lasted for about a minute.

Anyone else hear this?

Chris

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I just finished this too. Didn't notice this. I'm using analog outs though. Great film.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael616 /forum/post/0

Just watched this myself. Using HDMI from an A2 and didn't notice any problems with the TrueHD track.

Well, it's only for a minute and it's admittedly a subtle sound...99.9% of the TrueHD track sounded amazing...I'm just curious if others hear this specifically in the scene I mentioned.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I'm going to load it up now and listen to see. I was in "ahh" over the PQ, I could have been distracted

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Nope watched the whole chapter. Nothing unusual.

I take it you've reviewed it more than once?

·
Banned
2,558 Posts
I heard a similar noise out of the surround speakers during the scene where Neo is jacked in for the first time (you know, the room's all white with just a couple of chairs and a TV.) It was a static-like "crackly" noise that even my wife noticed. Weird. It was only when there was no surround info being sent to the speakers - as soon as there was ambient sounds and/or music, the noise went away.

A1 2.2 via HDMI.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr /forum/post/0

Nope watched the whole chapter. Nothing unusual.

I take it you've reviewed it more than once?

*sheepish expression*

No, my wife has never seen The Matrix, and I finally convinced her to sit down and watch it.
Tomorrow if I get a chance I'll pop it back in and see if it happens again.

It's no big deal...like I said, it was minor in terms of length of time and how loud it was, but it was definitely noticeable. Perhaps just a problem with the TrueHD track or the A2's decoding of it...or my receiver...who knows.

Chris

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom /forum/post/0

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just finished watching the first Matrix HD-DVD. To quote Neo, "woah!". It was amazing.

I have an A2 connected to an Onkyo 803 via HDMI. We listened to the TrueHD soundtrack, of course.

During the scene where Morpheus and Neo are doing the training program with the woman in the red dress, as Morpheus is describing to Neo about the agents, I noticed a crackly/fuzz sound coming from my front right speaker. It was only in this scene that I noticed it, and it lasted for about a minute.

Anyone else hear this?

Chris

I'm using the exact same player, receiver, and connection. Mine played perfect start to end.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
A glitch in The Matrix?

·
Registered
600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage /forum/post/0

A glitch in The Matrix?

Agent Smith must have changed something.

·
Premium Member
8,418 Posts

Quote:

*sheepish expression*

No, my wife has never seen The Matrix, and I finally convinced her to sit down and watch it.
Tomorrow if I get a chance I'll pop it back in and see if it happens again.

It's no big deal...like I said, it was minor in terms of length of time and how loud it was, but it was definitely noticeable. Perhaps just a problem with the TrueHD track or the A2's decoding of it...or my receiver...who knows.

Chris

Hey Chris, so what did your wife think of the Matrix?

DJoel

·
Banned
2,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster /forum/post/0

already being talked about here use the search function

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post10633180

Before admonishing others to use the search function, perhaps you should actually read the thread and make sure you're correct. In this case, you were not. The thread you linked to is a discussion of synch issues, not the issue the OP mentioned.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeb /forum/post/0

Before admonishing others to use the search function, perhaps you should actually read the thread and make sure you're correct. In this case, you were not. The thread you linked to is a discussion of synch issues, not the issue the OP mentioned.

blah friday night the beers where talking and still are

sorry op
but no problems either like the ones you describe here

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel /forum/post/0

Hey Chris, so what did your wife think of the Matrix?

DJoel

Heh...

Well, she's not a big action movie fan. She'd only ever seen parts of Reloaded, so last night after dinner I explained that the first movie is very different, more story, more "cerebral", I guess. I explained the premise of The Matrix, and she said "interesting". That's when I knew I could get her to sit down and watch it.

She liked the first half better than the second half. She liked the exposition and the story, not all the action sequences...I guess I should have expected that.

I don't think she'll ever sit down to watch Reloaded or Revelations.

Chris

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
First and foremost, I'm blown away by the PQ/AQ of these 3 movies. Right up there with the best of the best that I've ever seen on HD DVD.

I have an A1 with FW 2.0, and this is the Ultimate set, not the Trilogy.

Ironically, this is the second WB title I've had a problem with, Happy Feet being the other...the irony being most people had bad luck with Universal titles, like CoM, Hollywoodland, Good Shepheard...all of which I had no issues with whatsoever.

Near the spot in the first movie that the OP mentions (when Neo and Morpheus are back on the ship and eating with the group after seeing the woman in the red dress, and Mouse is explaining how he programmed her) the movie starts to stutter for a few seconds. Sometimes after about 5 seconds, it just continues on its merry way. Twice, it's locked the player up completely at that point. TrueHD is on when this happens.

In Revolutions, there's another spot that completely locks up the player. Reloaded plays just fine with TrueHD all the way through.

If the first two would play through, I wouldn't mind, because I just don't think I can sit through Revolutions again, but the first installment has to be perfect.

Does anyone else have this issue? I think my issue may be similar to the on the OP mentions, I'm guessing the symptom is different but may be caused by the same authoring problem since it's around the same time during the film.

Do people with the Trilogy have this problem? Are those discs single sided discs or combos? I ask because Happy Feet was a Warner combo and is the only other one that gave me a problem.

I'm returning this set to Buy.com (I had a great coupon, normally I'd go through Amazon) and asking for a new set. If the replacement has the same symptom, I may get just the Trilogy if those discs don't show this same symptom.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster /forum/post/0

blah friday night the beers where talking and still are

sorry op
but no problems either like the ones you describe here

I think we've finally found the proverbial Joe Six Pack!

Mark

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Anyone else hear this?

Chris

I'm useing the 360 to watch these. I get crackles in Reloaded right around the zion party when the beat heats up. Iv noticed a crackle like i'm listening to an old LP and its repeatable. It might have also happend in the first movie but as to what scene i'm not sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.