AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3888 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fantastic!

For the price of tickets these days, it wouldn't take much to recoup the cost of this unit.

$1600 for 3 tickets, no parking for seats in top section 600 ish (row A) for Patriots/Texans in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Audioguy, I just switched from the AV7702 to the MX 160, night and day difference.

Also for all of you joining this thread there have been several discussion at the end of the MX 151 thread.

One more problem, not sure what is causing it, but as of yesterday the MX 160 is not turning on the MC 8207. Checked the connection everything is fine, don't know if it has anything to do with he Control4 remote.
Since you said that you checked the connection and everything is fine, I am therefore assuming that the power control cable between the MX160 and MC8207 is still in place. That being the case, is the power switch on the MC8207 is the "On" position or the "Remote/Off" position? It should be in the "Remote/Off" position.

If it still doesn't come on when the MX160 is turned on, try moving the position of the "Auto Off" switch on the back of the MC8207 to the "Disable" position. See Page 13 of the MC8207 owner's manual for more info on that.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks John, yes the control cable is connected and the switch is set to remote. I will try your fix tonight, it has to be something simple.

One question for everyone with the MX 160, how long does it take for your unit to fully turn on, mine takes approximately 22 seconds, is that normal?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Thanks John, yes the control cable is connected and the switch is set to remote. I will try your fix tonight, it has to be something simple.

One question for everyone with the MX 160, how long does it take for your unit to fully turn on, mine takes approximately 22 seconds, is that normal?
You're welcome. I am thinking the reset sequence for the Auto Off described in the MC8207 manual may do the trick. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the power cord from the rear of the MX160 for 15-20 seconds to reset its microprocessors.

Yes, approximately 22 seconds is how long it takes my MX160 to fully turn on. We set my Control4 driver to wait until 25 seconds after issuing the discrete "Power On" command before sending an input change command to work around the long boot-up time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes we had to do the same thing with the Control4. I mentioned to Ron over at McIntosh to see if they can in there next Firmware update put in something that would adjust the volume to a certain setting every time the unit is turned on just like my Marantz did. That way I am not scrabbling to lower the volume if I left it on to high the last time I turned it off.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Yes we had to do the same thing with the Control4. I mentioned to Ron over at McIntosh to see if they can in there next Firmware update put in something that would adjust the volume to a certain setting every time the unit is turned on just like my Marantz did. That way I am not scrabbling to lower the volume if I left it on to high the last time I turned it off.
It would indeed be a big plus to have a default volume level option like the MX150 and MX151 do.

·
Premium Member
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Can the auxiliary outputs be used for extra surround/height channels?
At this time we are still waiting for newer updates which will unlock the full potential of the 160. It is not yet known the capability of the Aux Outputs. No worries though the minute we learn we will post here.

:)

Reactions: OzHDHT

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good news / Bad news.

Good news, last night I watched Mad Max Fury Road, where as the movie is pretty stupid, the special effects were great and the MX 160 sounded fantastic. The MX 160 brought out every possible sound and was incredibly clean, this is a great demo movie, little violent.

Bad news, for some reason the 160 decided to shut down on me about 20 minutes into the movie, no clue why. Everything else stayed on but not the 160. Turned it back on and tried to go to the menu on my tablet, the home screen would pop up but would not allow me to do anything on it, it was frozen. I rebooted the tablet but no luck.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Good news / Bad news.

Good news, last night I watched Mad Max Fury Road, where as the movie is pretty stupid, the special effects were great and the MX 160 sounded fantastic. The MX 160 brought out every possible sound and was incredibly clean, this is a great demo movie, little violent.

Bad news, for some reason the 160 decided to shut down on me about 20 minutes into the movie, no clue why. Everything else stayed on but not the 160. Turned it back on and tried to go to the menu on my tablet, the home screen would pop up but would not allow me to do anything on it, it was frozen. I rebooted the tablet but no luck.
Try going into the setup menu and turning off the Auto Power Off setting. Someone posted over in the MX150/151 thread about something similar happening with his MX160. Chuck Hinton of McIntosh made the suggestion about changing the Auto Power Off setting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's what I was trying check when I went back into the menu and it was set to off. So not sure what happened, and before this I the unit has been on for hours straight and never shut off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah mine is set to Deep sleep, not sure what that is? On a side note new problem the display on my MX 160 is showing "Resume Timeout" everything is frozen on the unit including the standby switch, cannot turn off the unit. I am not at home so I am going to have to go home later and unplug it and see if it resolves the problem. Called Mc and they have not heard of this before. Anybody had this issue on the 160 or on the MX 151 before?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Maybe this is an informal Beta Test :rolleyes:
Pretty expensive Beta test:)
Re ran RoomPerfect tonight due to adding a few more subs. I set a few levels manually after running RP, the 160 completely froze, so I shut it off, turned off main power, unplugged it. Eventually, it came back to life with RP defaulting to Bypass. My last RP was backed up, so went through that re-boot. Now, LFE indicator on the front panel is not illuminated only when playing BD from the Oppo, but the audio seems to be there and the indicator is working correctly with all other sources. :eek:

I am wondering if all the other 10 or so backed up RP from the past may be affecting some this. Does anyone know how to dump used and unwanted prior backups listed in a the restore tab under device management menu?

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Maybe this is an informal Beta Test :rolleyes:
Pretty expensive Beta test:)
Re ran RoomPerfect tonight due to adding a few more subs. I set a few levels manually after running RP, the 160 completely froze, so I shut it off, turned off main power, unplugged it. Eventually, it came back to life with RP defaulting to Bypass. My last RP was backed up, so went through that re-boot. Now, LFE indicator on the front panel is not illuminated only when playing BD from the Oppo, but the audio seems to be there and the indicator is working correctly with all other sources. :eek:

I am wondering if all the other 10 or so backed up RP from the past may be affecting some this. Does anyone know how to dump used and unwanted prior backups listed in a the restore tab under device management menu?

Thanks!!!!!

21 - 40 of 3888 Posts