AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3888 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have a crazy feeling we are just a firmware away from putting most bugs and issues in the rear view mirror. Hang in there guys...

Reactions: OzHDHT

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does anyone know how to use the room correction? Where to put the microphone, and how to start the program? I only have the partial and preliminary manual. Thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a great YouTube video that Ron from McIntosh did, it was very helpful and informative. Just go to youtube and type in McIntosh Room perfect.

I went into the IP menu last night to change from Deep Sleep to Network, I noticed on one of the pages that there was an entire event of error codes and computer explanations for what happened to my unit the day before. I forwarded the information to McIntosh to see if they can figure out why the MX froze up on me.

daimler2015 find the page I am talking about and you may also have some error codes. I don't remember what page it was on but it was under Set-up and Device Management.

My biggest frustration is continually having to explain to my wife why I am not an idiot for having paid a fortune for something that keeps having one issue or another on a daily basis. I am slowly coming to the realization that she is right and I am an idiot.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I just updated the firmware on my MX160 from 1.0.7-1 to 1.0.7-7. The documentation that came with it has the following note:

"If you have a System version loaded which is older than 1.0.1-21 (i.e. version 1.0.1-7), you should not save any Backups and should not restore any Backups that you have made. This will interfere with changes in the new firmware. New Backups can be created after installing V107-7. Also a Factory Reset should be performed, and RoomPerfect calibration will need to be redone.

When upgrading from newer versions (i.e. version 1.0.1-53) a Reset is not necessary, and the RP calibration does not need to be redone again."

I have not had any issues with my unit on the two previous firmware versions and so far, so good on the latest one. As the documentation mentioned above states, I did not have to re-run Room Perfect after doing this or the previous firmware update.

I hope those of you having issues get them resolved quickly as I know how frustrating they can be.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Sorry hearing conflicting information, one Mac rep you don't the other said you do. We will see when the next update comes out.
The info I quoted was copied and pasted from the PDF my dealer received from McIntosh. The PDF was dated 11-24-15.

·
Premium Member
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Do I need to upgrade the first post with the new firmware? I have been traveling the last couple days so I haven't been able to update my 160. This is great news! I have always loved firmware Fridays.

:)

·
Premium Member
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Can you please share the link for the latest update. The last I received is 1.0.7-1?
Thank you.
Same here. I asked Chuck to keep me up to date. When I get in I will check my emails. If someone has it please send it to me so I can add it to the first page.

[email protected]

:)

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Check your PM's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
John,
I really don't feel like redoing RP if another firmware is around the corner. Do you know what they improved in this latest update. Did you notice a difference in anything?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
John,
I really don't feel like redoing RP if another firmware is around the corner. Do you know what they improved in this latest update. Did you notice a difference in anything?
Which firmware version are you currently on? If you are already on either of the last two previous versions (1.01-53 and 1.07-1), the documentation provided with the newest firmware (1.07-7) says you do not have to re-run Room Perfect.

That said, I haven't yet noticed any difference between 1.07-1 and 1.07-7.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am on 1.07-1. I am waiting for one that actually has some significant updates. Also what amp are you running? I have the 8207, I have noticed during start up that the McIntosh page will come up on the tv for a brief moment than static out(like loosing a tv signal), not a big thing just checking to see if anybody else has the same issue.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I am on 1.07-1. I am waiting for one that actually has some significant updates. Also what amp are you running? I have the 8207, I have noticed during start up that the McIntosh page will come up on the tv for a brief moment than static out(like loosing a tv signal), not a big thing just checking to see if anybody else has the same issue.
I can't say I blame you for not doing what may be a comparatively minor firmware update, but whenever you do decide to do an update, it will not require you to re-run Room Perfect just due to doing the firmware update since you are already on a version that can be updated without having to re-do Room Perfect. It took less than a minute for me to initiate the most recent update and less than 10 minutes for it to be processed, so it was pretty painless.

I am also using an MC8207 amp.

As for the displayed start-up screen, mine shows the McIntosh logo screen first and then will switch to whatever source has been selected. If you are seeing what you describe as "static out" for a moment, it may be resulting from the HDMI "handshake" taking a moment between the MX160 and your display and/or between your source and the MX160. I am not seeing any such momentary "static" when starting up with any of my sources (Directv Genie Mini, OPPO 103D, Kaleidescape Alto, and Roku 4). I am sending the HDMI 1 output of the MX160 to my displays through a Panlong HDMI splitter that is HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant. My displays are a Sony XBR79X900B flat panel and a Sony VPLVW1100ES projector, both of which are HDCP 2.2 compliant through the inputs I have connected. The Roku 4 outputs 4K if it is connected to an HDCP 2.2 chain, and it works properly and sends 4K with my setup.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I thought it might be helpful to provide more info on my setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't worry it is a great explanation. I think my HDMI splitter is the problem for a lot of my viewing issues. I just don't feel like changing it right now hoping that a firmware update may allow us to not need one. I currently have a "Binary" splitter the installers put in.

41 - 60 of 3888 Posts