AVS Forum banner

2881 - 2898 of 2898 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
30 years ago the movie "Wild at Heart" came out. Though there were many interesting parts to that movie, there was a song and a speed of playing that i had never heard before that blew me away. Powermad, Slaughterhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxyXDNARzBg
Powermad's 'homebase' is Minneapolis which is a few hours South of me. As such, I've seen 'em live several times over the years. I believe they are still active with the original members (sans drummer) and an album last released in 2015.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Anyone know this Blackened-Death Metal band from Ukraine?

Their sound is very much like Amon Amarth:
Ya know... art/artist and all that, but when your guitarist plays in peruns axe you might be a nazi.

No judgement, quite fond of Megalith Grave myself.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
@d-rail34 Here ya go, juvenile, raw, lofi, crammed straight down the middle, Perfect Death Metal.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
not really my style but that artwork... (屮゜Д゜)屮 @webmonkey

Now this I like.

Kinda like some of the brutal/technical italian death

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Death Metal

A few years ago Volturyon put out my death metal album of the year. Granted, it was a pretty barren year for death metal, as it has been for a long time, but it was a good album for any year. Today they released their new album. It starts off weak, but picks up at the 4th song, with a mixture of cuts that remind me of Cannibal Corpse, Dawn of Demise and Blood Red Throne.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Granted, it was a pretty barren year for death metal, as it has been for a long time
Ive been listening to death and black metal for 26 years now, I cant remember a single year that wasnt full of incredible material. Theres always been way more than I could keep up with.

Hadnt heard of Volturyon though Ill check em out, that track sounds dying fetus/vomitory-ish

Ive had Afterbirths albums on repeat the last couple days

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ive been listening to death and black metal for 26 years now, I cant remember a single year that wasnt full of incredible material. Theres always been way more than I could keep up with.

Hadnt heard of Volturyon though Ill check em out, that track sounds dying fetus/vomitory-ish

Death metal has shifted away from what I prefer. It's gotten more dissonant and chaotic. I need some groove. I prefer bands like those I mentioned above, along with bands such as, Kataklysm, Dying Fetus, Feasting On Darkness, Dyscarnate, Decapitated, Infestdead and Man Must Die. 2004-2012 was the sweet spot for me, culminating with my favorite ... Aeon - Aeons Black.

Yeah, I hear the Vomitory in this song.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Death metal has shifted away from what I prefer. It's gotten more dissonant and chaotic. I need some groove. I prefer bands like those I mentioned above, along with bands such as, Kataklysm, Dying Fetus, Feasting On Darkness, Dyscarnate, Decapitated, Infestdead and Man Must Die. 2004-2012 was the sweet spot for me, culminating with my favorite ... Aeon - Aeons Black.

Yeah, I hear the Vomitory in this song.
Gotcha!

For death I tend to lean more into Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Immolation, Incantation, Drawn and Quartered, Dead Congregation, Cauldron Black Ram / Gorguts, Anata, Intestine Baalism, Stargazer, Artificial Brain

Wonder if any of this'll do it for you. Instead of slowing down the page with youtube videos ill just list the bands.

Neoplasma
Omophagia
Dead Eyed Sleeper
Antilles
Turbid North
Construct of Lethe
Caedere
Ingurgitating Oblivion
Kamikabe
Kataplexis
Valgrind
Slaughterday
Necrot
Anabyss

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Protector - Reanimated Homunculus
https://youtu.be/-1Hhb-QS3X0
I have this one in my library. I bought A Shedding Of Skin years ago. It's one of my favorite Death/Thrash albums. On this one it's amazing how much the first song sounds like mid/late 80's Destruction, which is a very good thing. And other songs sound like Sodom. You can tell they're from Germany. Their newest is OK.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This song is from Roadrunner Records' 25th anniversary All-Star album. It was written by Exhorder's frontman and is a nice example of heavy groove.

2881 - 2898 of 2898 Posts