AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen the trailer, looked quite good so I'm watching this tonight. Let's hope it's not a dismal failure like Runner Runner.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones/0_60#post_24446180

Seen the trailer, looked quite good so I'm watching this tonight. Let's hope it's not a dismal failure like Runner Runner.
Lemme know what you think about this one.

·
Premium Member
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones#post_24446418

Lemme know what you think about this one.

i did not like this. Stopped it early, again I was fooled by the trailers thinking this will be good but another let down for me. Runner Runner was better than this and that movie was horrible as well.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones/0_60#post_24446736

i did not like this. Stopped it early, again I was fooled by the trailers thinking this will be good but another let down for me. Runner Runner was better than this and that movie was horrible as well.
Yeah, I "oinked" this one too.

Seems to be aimed at young audience, which I didn't realize going in....

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Glad we are all in agreement on this one. This movie was F'ing terrible. Felt like I was watching some teenage soap opera aimed toward teenage girls. I ended up fast forwarding through some of it just to try and get to the ELF LFE (as reported on data-bass) which was my main motivation for renting and even that was only partly satisfying.

·
Premium Member
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know your trouble when the previews just before watching the movie has one of those teenage girl dance movies on, not a good sign for the film your about to watch.

·
Premium Member
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones/0_100#post_24446780

Glad we are all in agreement on this one. This movie was F'ing terrible. Felt like I was watching some teenage soap opera aimed toward teenage girls. I ended up fast forwarding through some of it just to try and get to the ELF LFE (as reported on data-bass) which was my main motivation for renting and even that was only partly satisfying.

Oh damn I stopped it early are we talking halfway or towards the end Todd regarding the LFE?

·
Registered
16,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones#post_24446841

You know your trouble when the previews just before watching the movie has one of those teenage girl dance movies on, not a good sign for the film your about to watch.

No doubt! That is a pretty big red flag!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones#post_24446846

Oh damn I stopped it early are we talking halfway or towards the end Todd regarding the LFE?

Don't worry Frank, you did not miss much. Most of the LFE was in the last part of the film as I remember and while it certainly was nice and unfiltered, it was nothing memorable IMO. You made the right choice!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Ok! I'm guilty as charged for falling for the previews on this one as well, even the name sounded cool and garnered a Hmm!
and Toe I too saw the bass report after the fact , but while watching I said " wonder how low this one got" great bass towards the end but it did nothing to save this one.

·
Registered
16,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1  /t/1521245/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones#post_24447567

Ok! I'm guilty as charged for falling for the previews on this one as well, even the name sounded cool and garnered a Hmm!
and Toe I too saw the bass report after the fact , but while watching I said " wonder how low this one got" great bass towards the end but it did nothing to save this one.

No doubt. There are limits to my love of the low end!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts