AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What moments from various games series will you always remember? Which moments in particular did you like/hate?

Careful reading through if you haven't played through yet...

I'll start with Metal Gear...

Metal Gear Solid:

the awesome camera angle shown with the game title (in the elevator)

going mono a mono against a TANK

Watching all the crazy moves cyborg ninja had

Freaking out when psycho mantis told me I was obsessed with saving my game

sniper wolf battles!!!

getting tortured....and not saying a word

ascending the communications tower, and mowing down anyone in my way as I go up

The Hind battle

going deeper and deeper (and deeper) into the base to where rex is held

Learning some truth behind Naomi

All of the epic Liquid fights at the end (rex, hand to hand, the escape tunnel)

Metal Gear Solid 2:

Best intro movie for a video game ever made (the one before the start screen) if you ask me

Having fun sneaking around the tanker and messing with the soldiers

The shootout in the dark tanker hallways

Sneaking around Big Shell to find all the bombs...then ironically using claymores to get Fatman

Learning more about Otacon and his sister

Sniping vamp while protecting Emma

Listening in on conversations

Getting the guard to scan his eye in that one door

Swimming through the underwater mazes...and hating every second of it

Setting my all time high "wtf?!?!" record in arsenal gear

Fighting Solidus with that awesome sword at the end

Metal Gear Solid 3:

Pissing off crocodiles/alligators

Learning how to use the camo index

Slowly realizing throughout the game how badass The Boss is, and with her

insane CQC skills how she could probably make Kratos scream like a little girl

The End boss battle...one of the most open ended, diverse boss battle ever....

Getting the chills from hearing the snake eater theme as you ascend that really, really long ladder

Having fun turning into Rambo on top of the mountain

Seeing naked snake lose his eye (I'm reminded of that guy from 300, you know, the guy that says, "eh, it's just an EYE....")

The intense motorcycle chase scene!!

The Boss final fight....speaks for itself

Finally realizing what The Boss did for her country, and seeing naked snake turn into Big Boss....deep stuff

Metal Gear Solid 4:

Mk. II!

New weapon customization/purchase system

Getting caught between two armies at war

Having the game take place in multiple, diverse locations - this really surprised me....I didn't want to read up on anything about metal gear before playing it, and I'm glad I did that because of how much this threw me off guard...I really thought the whole thing was gonna take place in the middle east

Hearing all of the BnB stories....and realizing how each story is more gruesome than the last

Trying to keep my jaw held up while I watched the movie fight sequences

Shooting down all the metal gears while escaping with drebin

The whole europe section....from following the resistance member, to the motorcycle chase scene with matrix style moments, to the awesome boss fight against the rage lady, that whole section was really fun and unique

Going back to Shadow Moses Island...this part is definitely one of my favorite parts...between the music (particularly "The Best is Yet to Come"), to the way the buildings are decaying, to the environment, and the flashbacks....brings back so many memories from metal gear solid 1....its reasons like this why to fully appreciate the series, you have to play through all 1, 2, 3 and then 4....just knowing the story, and then playing only 4 is definitely not enough

Not having to change blu-ray discs!

Piloting metal gear rex, and wrecking all the geckos in my way, like they were nothing - and then fighting RAY!!!!

The epic cutscene sequence before being launched onto ocelot's ship....very, very well done....I only wish they used the main theme from metal gear solid 2 somewhere in there, I was waiting for it....

Not letting snake give up in the microwave hallways (that was intense!)

The end fight between liquid and snake....possibly the only fight scene that could top the boss vs. naked snake end fight....

Finally having every single loose end i could think of tied up!

I couldn't narrow it down....what else do you remember in particular??

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
MGS1:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) The scene with Sniper Wolf before she died.

MGS2:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Agreed, fantastic intro movie.

Snake diving off the boat after RAY.

MGS3:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) The HELO jump at the beginning.

The Shagohad, period.

The Codec conversations in Snake vs. Monkey

MGS4:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) The assault on the mansion in Act 2.

Every second of Act 4.

Tearing through GEKKO with the rail gun in Act 5.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well ill break the chain and post some MGO moments i just had.

I use CQC 1 and Knife level 3.. i try to play in DP servers so i can use the G18C and my trusty knife... so i was running around a corner and one enemy is right infront of me, and 2 a couple feet behind, i jump out and grab the first guy, turn around and pull out the G18, 2 3 shot bursts and i kill the 2 guys running at me, put my gun away slit the guys throat and run off into the night... err day.

A teamate that saw this action promptly gave me a in game That was Awesome!! text thingy, i still feel good.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
did you really feel the need to start a thread when we have 2 already on the subject, one where spoilers are posted freely...

FAIL!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Some others...

MGS1:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) When you find out Miller is actually dead

Vulcan Raven boss fight & post-fight monologue... actually all the post-fight monologues

MGS2:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) The crotch grab

When the Campbell AI is messing with you in the Arsenal Gear

FINAL CODEC... holy **** that is awesome

The secret handshake between Snake and Otacon

The Metal Gear RAY picture scene + speech

MGS3
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Turning into Raikov & the crotch grab

When EVA turned the C3 into a heart in the cave

I CAME FROM OUTER SPACE... the boss battle with The Fury

When Snake tells Ocelot he's actually using a revolver technique, and the final duel with him at the end.

And of course, the ending to all 3... ESPECIALLY #3... best ending I've ever seen. I still haven't gotten very far in MGS4 yet.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
In MGS4 when Raiden starts to cry, thinking Rosemary came to his hospital bed to make fun of him. Epic soap opera.

·
Registered
719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/14212428

did you really feel the need to start a thread when we have 2 already on the subject, one where spoilers are posted freely...

FAIL!

No Joke, and all of this white out is really making this thread look like a leaked CIA/UFO document. Good idea for a topic, bad placement.

number1laing

"The secret handshake between Snake and Otacon". Yea that was a nice touch. Forgot about that one

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/14212428

FAIL!

I made the thread b/c there were none on the metal gear series as a whole...I thought it'd be interesting so see what people had to say about the WHOLE series; it is a separate topic in my opinion. If you don't think that is true, then I apologize for wasting pixels on your screen. Then again, I personally think the Metal Gear series is worthy enough to have 20 threads on different subjects about it instead of 2...so I guess take whatever I say on this subject with a grain of salt.

And yeah, I probably shouldn't have messed with the spoiler tags as much as I did, my bad.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You should change the thread title to have something like "Epic Series-spanning Spoilers" so we don't have to white everything out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/14215789

You should change the thread title to have something like "Epic Series-spanning Spoilers" so we don't have to white everything out.

good idea, thanks

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstat88 /forum/post/14215939

good idea, thanks

great job on the title change, as it makes more sense,

just was pointing out, there's a topic on MGS:essentials collection, mgs4, and mgs4 spoliers.

thus no need for another topic

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight /forum/post/14217506

So is this just MGS spoilers or spoilers for everything in the history video games?

Go for it - so far what are the other great/awesome/funny/insanely tough/ridiculous moments from previous series that you remember? I'm sure there are tons of moments, maybe try to do a better job than I did and whittle it down to a few moments in particular you'll never forget from a certain game/games? Resident Evil, God of War, Devil May Cry, GTA, Ace Combat, etc.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstat88 /forum/post/14218358

Go for it - so far what are the other great/awesome/funny/insanely tough/ridiculous moments from previous series that you remember? I'm sure there are tons of moments, maybe try to do a better job than I did and whittle it down to a few moments in particular you'll never forget from a certain game/games? Resident Evil, God of War, Devil May Cry, GTA, Ace Combat, etc.

The end of Super Metroid.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know it's not a series spanning game, but Eternal Darkness gave me some of my most memorable moments in gaming, Paticularly one night when I put a hard 5 hour session in and made alot of progress, when I went to save my game exhausted at 4am, all of a sudden I got an internal error prompt and all my save files had been deleted!!!
A couple seconds later the screen flashed back to reality and everything was there. It was a hallucination due to the low level of my sanity meter. I never had that paticular hallucination happen ever again. It was genius. I couldn't get to sleep after that.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Finding my first Phoenix Feather in GOW 1

Tearing out my first Ogre Eye in GOW 2

Decapitating my first sand creature in Prince of Persia 2

The ladder sequence in Snake Eater...easily my favorite part of any game.

The final mission in San Andreas

Definitely the motorcycle chase in Snake Eater as well

The cave in Snake Eater (beautiful, to this day)

The garote wire in Hitman 2...awesome

My first video game booby in GOW 1
lol

The yellow fighters in Ace Combat 4

The first time you see los illuminados in RE4

THE SCREAMS BY THE BEAUTY AND BEASTS IN MGS4 AFTER BEATING EACH BEAUTY....ridiculously aweful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts