AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the MT-7 up against the Sanyo and 10HT on 5 occasions now. I have also had Toshiba send Projector Central a MT-7 for them to evaluate.

AJ Abrams

Product Analyst

Projector People/ AV Marketplace/Home Theatre People/ Plasma People/AVI

·
Registered
184 Posts
AJ,

We have all asked you to lay off the drugs. If you post something, make sure you have a point. Oh yea, when you have a point also make sure it is meaningful.

Regards,

Cooter.

------------------

Cooter
Cooter's_HT_Page

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Is the drug use related to the schizo behavior of running one company under five different names?

Agreed, PP's posting does lead one to think, "Yes, AND...?"

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I saw the MT7 in Vegas projector shoot out..it was decent...I think the pLV60 is better...the only thing not resolved with the PLV60 or Mt7 is the user base has not had a real chance to find out how they react to various inputs we know the pLv60 drops frames...I know nothing of the MT7

NOr have i heard of pluses or minuses but I really do not follow that unit...maybe to my own detriment....

Regards,

John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mark,

If you want to have some fun, run a search on AJ's previous posts. You will see what I mean about chronic drug use. Maybe it is Attention Deficit Disorder that has yet to be treated with large doses of Ritalin.

Regards,

Cooter.

------------------

Cooter
Cooter's_HT_Page

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
AJ,

I must say, I was surprised at how negative the reaction was, and don't know what the references to drugs are about.

I hope you won't let this dissuade you from posting, as I appreciate your sharing your valuable experiences.

I must also say, though, that I did not understand what the point of your 1st post was until you explained it.

I look forward to your observations of those projectors.

Are you going to be carrying the Sharp 9000?

Thanks

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
184 Posts
Noah,

I guess I should apologize to you and the total AVS forum. AJ spent some time slamming projectors in the past with absolutely no supporting evidence. An example I can think of was (paraphrase quote): "the Infocus LP350 projectors really has a horrible picture, folks." Similar to his statement at the beginning of this thread, it was IMHO flipped and without objectivity. You can definitely say something sucks, just be prepared to explain why.

When I first read this thread, my thoughts turned to... "here AJ goes again with a post that is on the wrong planet". As a frequent visitor to the LCD, DLP, DILA Forum, I have seen his past work... and let me say that I tends to rub me the wrong way. Particularly because he is a self-proclaimed "Projector Analyst".

Again, my sincerest apologies to everyone on AVS. The Forum is just now mending its wounds on the whole panamorph issue, and I need not pollute the waters. Next time I will try to just ignore AJ and keep my mouth... ahheem... fingers shut.

Best regards,

Cooter.

------------------

Cooter
Cooter's_HT_Page

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow,

As usual, I see that the normal crowd here just likes to attack. My posting was in response to someone asking for an evaluation with EQUIPMENT. Since I did not do a comprehensive evaluation, I did not want to stick my neck out and make a blanket statement about my thoughts (since that causes people here to jump all over you. But I now see that it really doesn't matter what you say, if you are from a dealer, people here are going to jump on you anyway). The point was (very clearly stated) that Projector Central should have a comprehensive review on the machine soon for those that have asked for one. Now I ask the people that attacked that simple statement if you could PLEASE get a life and stop acting like children. I am sorry I gave you information that you were unaware of. Next time I'll let you find the info out yourself.

AJ

P.S . I guess that most of you here are unaware of how internet commerce works. Having the name of the merchandise you are trying to sell in your company name greatly increases your chances of being on the first page of a search engine. Therefore we use the Plasma People/Projector People/Home Theatre people names. Wow people can find us! We let everyone know that we are the same company so lay off the conspiracy theories it makes you look ignorant.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cooter:

If you want to have some fun, run a search on AJ's previous posts. You will see what I mean about chronic drug use.
I did a search and found just one dispute with ProjectorPeople. ProjectorPeople's offense seemed as small then as it is this time. I'm beginning to wonder if you have some personal past with ProjectorPeople? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I'd be happy to hear what ProjectorPeople has to say after evaluating any projector. At least they have the time and the proper environment to evaluate projectors.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Don't know if this is related to ProjectorPeople, but I just clicked on a banner here at avsforum and a new window poped with this: http://www.hometheaterpeople.com/ TLP-MT7 and PLV-60 showed together with a $1000 difference in favor of the first.

I think we should come back to the main subject, the Toshiba TLP-MT7. At $4999 this new toy is appealing enough to have a serious success. True 16/9 projectors are rare enough (there was only one available 6 month ago?), we should accomodate all those projectors as they should be, with enthousiasm and interest http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

The forum has been monopolized by the LT150, so maybe I didn't see threads about the MT7. If there were none, it's time to start one http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

If someone has something to say about the MT7, please talk with good and right argumentation. I'm waiting impatiently.

Thanks,

Carlos

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the support. Yes I believe that Cooter does have some type of a vendetta. I ask any of you to check my past posts and judge for yourself. He keeps using that one line from one post that was taken out of context and fails to say that I DID give specific reasons for the statement right afterwards. The other thing he keeps saying is that I have a self proclaimed title. The only thing self proclaimed is Cooters ignorance. I have invited him and everyone on here before to please check out my credentials. Call our main office or call any manufacturers rep from the southeast and ask them. They pretty much all know me and I have great respect in this industry. It's getting old Cooter and quite of few people here are getting tired of your anger. If you have a question about one of my posts (like clarification), please just ask me. Do not insult. It only makes you look petty.

Now for the MT-7. Car_Rod, you are correct in assuming that those prices are from my company. I'm not sure if anyone here is aware that one of my jobs at this company is to set all internet pricing, so if you have a question about it, just ask. I feel that the Mt-7 is a steal for the money. Good points: Very quiet (quietest machine I ever heard), Small good looking box, Good blacks (a lot better than the Sony a step below the Sanyo) (they claim 400:1), Good color (I actually liked this machines color set up better right out of the box than the other two), decent line doubler and scaler (about on par with the other two). Weak point: fair connectivity (only 1 rca, 1 S-Video, and 1 15pin/component connector.

I think it's a good bet for the dollar.

AJ

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am happy to see Cooter's apology. There is no need for flames against ProjPeople, ADD sufferrers, Ritallin users, or drug users in general. I know of no study that has shown any statistically significant incidence of pointless posts from any of them.

AJ's post did happen to be mostly pointless, but most of us, I'm sure, didn't mind. Surely AJ can see that stating merely "I have seen the MT-7 up against the Sanyo and 10HT on 5 occasions now." leaves a rather large ellipsis begging for multiple replies of "so?...", "and?...", or "HUH?" as Keith and Mark did.

AJ - "My posting was in response to someone asking for an evaluation with EQUIPMENT. Since I did not do a comprehensive evaluation, I did not want to stick my neck out..." If I may, then, I suggest that a more on target reponse to the request might have been "I'll have that for you soon." But surely there was no need for name calling as I'm sure all Forum members would agree.

After all, Lucy in the Peanuts cartoons long ago snagged the ultimate last retort, "Yeah? Well you have a round head!"

Maybe we could use that as a standard reply to that with which we disagree? No? Well you have a round head!

Randy

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RF1031.

I agree wholeheartedly. I had meant to have that post as a reply to another post asking WHO had seen the machine. So when I said I had seen the Sanyo .....it was an answer to a question. I had accidentally not paid attention to the fact that I has hit "new topic" rather than "reply" so it did look like a open statement. But to attack for a mistake...wow.

AJ

------------------

AJ Abrams

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Naoh,

I'm not sure that we will be able to carry the new Sharp. Sharp has a network of local dealers and runs its company completely different from anyone else. It only allows the sale of certain projectors nationally. This is why you cant buy a lot of Sharp models on the internet. This way local dealers can keep profit margins up. I personally hate their system (since over 40% of our revenue is from internet sales)but I doubt that they are going to change it.

AJ

------------------

AJ Abrams

·
Registered
271 Posts
AJ,

did you try the DVI input? That's all the connectivity I'll need (hopefully). Being an LCD, how bad was the screendoor? Did you compare the projectors out of the box, or did you calibrate them first?

[This message has been edited by Viking2000 (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Banned
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No DVI input. I did them all with component in from a progressive scan DVD (sony NS700). I did not calibrate. It was a straight out of the box shootout. To be honest, I feel the screen door thing is bogus. From a correct distance/ per screen size I've never been able to notice the screen door on the Sony, Sanyo, or Toshiba. Maybe I'm a bad person to ask that question. I feel there is too much nit -pick on that issue. If you are watching the MOVIE, you very well can't notice much else unless it jumps out at you (like color or black level will).

AJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi AJ,

I am interested to here more about the Toshiba Vs the Sanyo ( even any info on the Sony 11HT if you have seen it)

Did you get the chance to run a 480i Pal signal into eithwe to compare ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.