AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't buy the R1 release and decided to wait for the pal release to get a DTD track.

The french release has no english DTS track but only french.

So, that's not an option.

I have the choice:

-UK release, but a friend of mine told me it was a censored version (- 2 seconds)!Is that true?

-the second option is the dutch release which, I'm sure is identical to the US and french theatrical release. But OTOH, it has a dutch track that the UK donesn't have.

And I'm saying to myself that the lesser tracks there is, better will be the MPEG2 compression (But maybe not?!).

·
Registered
110 Posts
The R2 version of The Mummy Returns is censored because of the head-butt between Rachel Weisz and Patricia Velazquez. If you wanna get DTS version and buy it uncut, get the R4 version from EzyDVD

Good luck :)

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
wait for the ultimate edition in 2002, upon the release of THE SCORPION KING. it will feature dts most likely. don't be missled by Universal weird marketing policies.

the ntsc btw takes less space compared to the pal edition. so, for similar features on disc one, the r1 edition will have more space for the video ( assuming the features are identical, aka, extra and even more if there is less sound options on the R1 release ).

·
Registered
181 Posts
They edited the head butt? THat kind of reminds me of John Landis on the Kentucky Fried Movie Commentary. They had to cut the nunchaku (or however u spell it- numchucks?) out of the UK release.

Pity.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Quote:
They had to cut the nunchaku (or however u spell it- numchucks?) out of the UK release.
That's nothing, they had to cut the nunchuku sequences from Bruce Lee's masterpiece "Fist of Fury" in England, not to mention "Way of the Dragon". With those two films they may as well just not have released them at all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.