AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I realize its a bit on the strange side, but I used to really enjoy that show in the 70's. (Of course there "may" have been some 'chemical enhancers' involved). I picked up the box set of season 1 on Tuesday and have seen about 5 or 6 shows so far. PQ is pretty good for an older TV show. Colors are not as brilliant as I had hoped, but certainly better than I expected. The audio is clean, but not mixed to surround sound. That is fine with me actually. Not too many extras, but all in all some very funny material. The jokes stand the test of time, although some of the guests may only be recognized by those of us on the 'older side' of 40.

This is definitely one of those so called 'guilty pleasures' for me. There I admitted it. Anyone else buy this set??

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I'm tempted. But the Pee Wee Herman set I bought some time back is nowhere near as good as I remembered the show being, so I'm hesitant.

But I've loved the Muppets ever since seeing them on the old Jack Paar show 40+ years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood
I'm tempted. But the Pee Wee Herman set I bought some time back is nowhere near as good as I remembered the show being, so I'm hesitant.

But I've loved the Muppets ever since seeing them on the old Jack Paar show 40+ years ago.
Couldn't stand Pee Wee in the old days myself, and then after 'the incident' I found his stuff just plain 'creepy'. As for the Muppets, there stuff seem timeless. I still chuckle every time Fozzy freaks out about being on the air, and Statlor and Waldorf still break me up. I also figured this isn't a set that would have to wait for the HD version to come out. Just wondered if I was the only one here who liked this show.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I am getting it :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I bought it. You can tell in the first season they were still finding their way a bit, so it's not quite as funny as some of the later seasons (which were on the individual dvds released earlier). But there's still some good stuff, and the factoids are interesting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm torn because I actually bought all of the best of series from time life. I want to, but I'm not sure I can double dip on this one, even if it's only a few episodes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.