AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice!! I'll definately be grabbing that one. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
This is one of my favorite movies ever. I have read the book and the ending is quite different from the movie.

Has there been a directors cut released before. Any info on whether it is much different than the original theatrical cut?

I will definately get this for Blu-ray.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't read the book, but loved this film. Still may be my favorite Baseball movie. Always loved this one. I don't recall a director's cut ever being released for it before. I'm curious as to what could be in store for this one. I couldn't get the order processed fast enough when I saw this. I didn't see this one mentioned on any of the CES updates either. A very pleasant surprise and a definite must own for me.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I hope this transfer turns out to be superior to my other favorite Baseball movie, "Field of Dreams." I felt FOD was decent, but it seems like Universal may have rushed it.

~Josh

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Director's cut?! The movie was perfect as is!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems that this is also slated for a DVD release on the same day. I haven't been able to find any details as to what will be included in the Director's cut. Even on IMDB there is no mention of an alternate ending or deleted scenes. I'd love to get info on what is coming with this thing. This is definitely one of my all time favorites. I can hardly wait to have it, much less with bonus goodies that I didn't know exsisted. It's like getting gravy on top of gravy!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Lets pray its nothing like the abomination that the Outsiders DC was turned into!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B /forum/post/0

Director's cut?! The movie was perfect as is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicey /forum/post/0

Lets pray its nothing like the abomination that the Outsiders DC was turned into!

Yeah, I'm getting sick of this trend of re-releasing movies in altered/extended cuts. In situations like Brazil where the film was taken away, or like LOTR where Peter Jackson wanted to do a separate version for the fans, it's fine, but that doesn't mean every damn movie has to have a different version. It's as if releasing the movie in high definition quality and possibly adding new extras is not enough, no, the movie has to have additional scenes inserted. In this case, if we want it in HD, we have to buy this BD to get it (not unlike having to settle for non-anamorphic laserdisc transfers if you want the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD). Restoring and maybe even remixing a movie is fine, but otherwise, leave it alone, or at least make both versions available in the same quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.