AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The "buy it now" price is $2400. The reserve is clearly well above $1700. So, let the games begin, indeed. Your subject line is misleading, I think...

Mark

·
Registered
572 Posts
True, it's a bit misleading. I phoned the seller who told me that they have 5 units ready to go. His minimum price is indeed $2,400 plus tax and shipping. As he's 500 miles from me this brings it in my house for about $2,850.

I'm not saying it may not be worth this price yet it's a lot more than $1,700. If this were my thread I would change the price on the title to $2,400.

A friend has dealt with this store before and they seem legit. As you all see this new display in stores please take a close look at the PQ and post your impressions. I used to own a TW65H80 that was replaced by a 34" 16:9 direct view - talk about downgrading! The 57" new Tosh is the perfect size for my room and should be well within my budget. The sales guy claims the new one touch convergence works as well as an ISFer can do via the service menu ... I find that hard to believe yet what do you expect from some sales people?

Curtis

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dealer cost on the 57H81 is around $2100 so $2400 wouldnt be too bad but I wouldnt pay much more than that. Give it a couple more weeks and you will probably find a better deal.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Curtis,

How can I reach this dealer? This unit fits in my armoire quite nicely!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Dealer cost on the 57H81 is around $2100
I don't know much about how dealer cost works but

was wondering if all dealers pay the same price.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Can you hook a fellow AVS'er up with contact info for Continental? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
2nd problem. I have seen 2 Different dimensions for the very critical depth measurement of this unit. Does anyone know what the unit actually is depth wise? Looking for a # to Toshiba. Thanks,

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,

Sorry to mislead us all, but I was a little excited when I saw these new models on sale. I then did a search on Yahoooooo and found they are selling the 65"er as low at 2795. http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/sea...1&p=65h81&did= Things are looking up.

------------------

Hate everything sony!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
If dealer cost is $2,100 then the one I just ordered is going to lose my dealer some money. He does owe me for some referral business. New 57H81 delivered in my house = $2K.

Keep looking gents.

This model is not yet up on Toshiba's site. Depth is a non-issue for me but I'll be glad to post when confirmed.

[This message has been edited by Curtis (edited 08-09-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.