AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Aiptek 3D P8 photo frame gives you 800x600 glasses-free 3D viewing of jpg's and videos on a bright 8" screen. It has a battery, is slim and light. A potentially great way to share videos without making your friends/customers wear glasses. You can use an sd card (up to 32GB) or a usb stick to feed it.

However:

1. It cannot read .mpo files. So one needs Stereo Photo Maker to convert the .mpo files to a stereo jpeg, side-by-side, which squishes the aspect ratio - that is, for Fuji W3/W1 .mpo's one needs to resize by cutting the horizontal scale in half.

2. It cannot read the raw Fuji video clips. What does work: 1. Convert the raw clip to side-by-side avi using Stereo Video Maker, again cutting the horizontal by half, to get a squished 1280x720 side-by-side. 2. Then use the included software (Arcsoft Media Converter) to convert the avi to an h264 MP4 (which is what the frame needs to play. That also changes the frame rate from the native 24fps to 30fps (no selection possible). It plays wide screen smoothly on the frame in 3D and looks ok.

The frame will display the stills and video straight from the Aiptek 3D camera, but I have not tested that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark,

I have Aiptek´s 3D display but i can`t see any video on it!

I have downloaded some "side by side" videos and recorded with my Fuji W1 but I don`t know in which format and resolution do I have to convert them to see in this device!

Would you pls help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Pablo

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I have Aiptek´s 3D display but i can`t see any video on it! "

There is a very simple solution: use the included ArcSoft software to convert whatever video you have. It will make a video that will play.

The original sbs video should look like the picture in the manual - two panes squished onto 1280x720 (or 640x480).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.